Business Intelligence Consultant I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Product Operations Business Intelligence job family is accountable for pairing qualitative competitor research, market trends and emerging topics with various measures of competitiveness to build insights and to provide actionable recommendations for business decision making.
The Business Intelligence Consultant I is responsible for tracking top competitor actions, market trends and emerging topics in the industry. This is an analyst position responsible for coordinating and maintaining projects and processes and is responsible for providing low to medium complexity analytical and competitive research to primarily support the Product Operations Line Management Teams, as well as provide ad hoc projects/consulting support to various other areas of the organization.
- Identify and communicate market trends, competitive forces, and competitor strategies
- Categorize findings for others to utilize in recommendations that inform operational, tactical, innovative and strategic business decisions
- Effectively utilize and identify primary sources to validate or provide needed insight to secondary research finding
- Identify and collect business intelligence pertinent to the decisions made within the Product Operations subject matter
- Create deliverables, based on established best practices, that inform decision-makers about Allstate competitors
- Proactively communicate important competitive information and knowledge to team members and peers
Research and Analysis
- Promote and apply basic business intelligence analytical methodologies to address industry issues; Identify issues of concern
- Perform basic competitive analysis; collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and define the underlying business issue
- Apply a basic level of knowledge in business intelligence research, analysis and industry trends
- Develop a basic level of analytical recommendations
- Assemble typical research data and findings for others to interpret into business strategies; may present findings to various audiences
- Execute industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness
- With supervision, manage/perform multiple basic and some unique work assignments
- Develop basic business recommendations, presents and communicates findings to peers and various levels of management
- Acquire and maintain basic knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and intermediate knowledge of competitive intelligence research and analytic methodologies
- Participate in business intelligence projects and processes
Business Intelligence (BI) Network
- Maintain and communicate a high set of competitive intelligence ethical standards, ensuring that all competitive intelligence is gathered from the appropriate sources and employs appropriate collection methodologies
- Provide research and participate in discussions on market trends and hot topics
- Expand and maintain a business intelligence network of contacts, both internal to Allstate and External to Allstate
- Maintain accessibility of our deliverables to interested areas of the company
- Follow and be an ambassador of Business Intelligence best practices
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: 2-4 years of experience, with basic research and analysis experience, intermediate experience in qualitative research and competitive analysis/intelligence and experience in P&C insurance industry.
- Intermediate project/process management and development
- Basic knowledge of synthesis and storytelling as it relates to key competitive insights
- Basic critical thinking/analysis and ability to identify trends
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of P&C Pricing, Product and Underwriting
- Basic ability to analyze information and synthesize it for broad consumption
- Intermediate communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- Developing proficiency at working with business intelligence end-users to understand their needs and perspectives
- Proven ability to effectively network and communicate with different types and levels of staff and external contacts, both in writing and verbally
- Effective basic presentation skills
- Basic problem solving skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.