Arity - Lead Digital Design Engineer
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Arity is a technology company founded by The Allstate Corporation focused on making transportation safer, smarter and more useful for everyone. We collect and analyze massive amounts of data to help our partners better predict risk and understand how people move. The Arity Platform is built on billions of miles of historical driving data with more than one million active telematics connections and 10+ years of data directly from cars.
Arity is a new technology company that uses advanced predictive analytics to help partners evaluate risk and make sense of everyday experiences. Our proprietary algorithms analyze billions of data points, distilling the flood of information into simple, actionable insights. Chief among these is the Arity Driving Score, which models billions of miles of driving and claims data to assess risk, gauging each drivers likelihood of an event.
Founded by The Allstate Corporation, an organization synonymous with protection and preparation, Arity is born from a long-standing commitment to deep customer understanding and future-focused innovation. Fueled by the curiosity of a startup, our expertise begins with connected car, providing applied insights that meet insurer and transportation/mobility company needs and enhance driver safety, connectivity and value.
Dont miss this opportunity to join a team where your innovative thinking and technology skills can improve the safety of those on the road and further enhance the car-ownership experience.
The Arity Sensor Development team builds cutting edge, digital consumer-facing products that help Arity capture relevant data to improve transportation safety and efficiencies. The team leverages state-of-the-art tools and adheres to the best industry practices for co-development with manufacturing partners.
The Arity product design team implements the products as defined in concert with the Product Management team, and refined by the system architects to contribute to successful solutions. The digital design engineering team designs the hardware products that are used in the solutions for various customers to better understand their own risks and inefficiencies.
The Arity Lead Digital Design Engineer is responsible for creating the best design to meet the product needs. This engineer both implements designs and coordinates work from junior engineers and is responsible for the overall product design. In addition to part selection, this engineer leads the integration between the printed circuit assembly and the mechanical implementation.
Using integrated schematic capture, component selection, PCB layout and design management tools, this Lead Engineer designs the circuits needed to create the defined product within the stated product constraints.
Be part of a small, agile cross-functional team of energetic developers and product specialists in a company with great culture and start-up environment, situated in the heart of downtown Chicago in the Merchandise Mart.
- Design efficient, cohesive circuit designs for stated products that implement the requirements of the Product Management team.
- Mentor and supervise junior engineers who may be helping on the project, and assign tasks to junior developers.
- Work closely with the embedded software engineering team to provide capabilities needed by the embedded software team to write and debug software for the design.
- Implements best design management practices to maintain versions of the design for product portfolio management.
- Defines team procedures for most efficient use of time and resources including data repositories, design block management, cost modeling and contract manufacturing management.
- Verifies board implementation to insure designs meet design principles and objectives.
- Tests and instruments products to be used in 3rd party regulatory testing, and supports the testing effort to insure a successful outcome.
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Participates in the effort of shaping the architecture and design of the product; actively helps the team in choosing the right technology, and solving technical problems.
- Leads and participates in knowledge sharing, and contributes to the overall growth of the collective knowledge of the development community.
- A college degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or PCB Design Sciences.
- 5+ years of developing and implementing microprocessor-based designs that include RF subsystems.
- Capable of designing with best practices and techniques for managing EMI in mixed signal designs.
- Experience leading small design teams, and working with external design partners.
- Strong understanding of board design principles and methods.
- Strong understanding of board manufacturing processes.
- Experience designing boards for low power consumption, intermittent power, and wide-ranging power needs
- Experience and knowledge of software development techniques including JTAG and BIST functions, debuggers and in-circuit analyzer needs.
- Experience with Automotive power environments is a plus.
- Experience in new board bring-up, power consumption analysis, sub-circuit testing, power sequencing, RF output measurements and overall Design Verification Testing.
- Experience with Regulatory requirements for consumer products and the testing process for gaining regulatory approvals.
- Able to learn new technologies, and teach other members of the team/s
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.