Lead UX Researcher
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The User Experience (UX) organization is a multi-disciplinary services organization that designs user interactions and experiences with devices, systems and services that provide an overall positive, engaging and productive experience. The organization serves the varying user experience and design needs across the Enterprise and is comprised of UX Designers, Interactive Content Writers, Design Research and Usability Analysts, Creative Technologists and Interactive Visual Designers that come together to design delightful experiences.
UX Research captures end-user needs and goals through a number of research and analysis methods. They also plan, coordinate and conduct evaluative usability testing throughout the design process.
The Sr. User Experience (UX) Researcher will lead and execute UX research, from contextual inquiry and interviews to interface evaluations and usability testing, for Allstate Roadside Services and Marketing. This position will execute independently or lead a team to plan, recruit, execute, analyze and report out findings for a variety of different research activities. The position will also support UX Research Team operations initiatives.
- Create estimates and project plans related to UX research efforts for complex and strategic projects
- Plan and lead research initiatives to gather end-user requirements
- Plan and facilitate teams in the creation of journey maps, user profiles, user scenarios and research objectives, aligned with project and business goals.
- Plan, conduct and facilitate iterative evaluations of user experiences for complex or strategic projects
- Support UX Research team operations initiatives
- Develop and educate others in evaluation techniques and incorporate industry best practices
- Create and provide formal education on design research to other UX team members
- Define and refine UX research processes and influence higher levels in the company to promote the value of UX Research
- 5 or more years of relevant experience within a research function required
- Experience coordinating and directing design research projects and usability tests
- Demonstrated experience planning and selecting the optimal research method for a given project
- Experience training peers and other team members in proper testing techniques
- Experience conducting heuristic reviews for complex application
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to quickly build rapport and establish credibility, thrives in collaborative work
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated success facilitating workshops/design sessions
- Experience with usability and analytical software tools (e.g., UserZoom, Validately, Google Analytics) desired
- Four year degree, Masters preferred, in Human Factors/Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental/Social Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.