Employee Relations Associate Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
HR CERT Associate Manager
Human Resource Centralized Employee Relations Team (CERT) collaborates and consults with employees and leaders on employee relations issues and concerns to ensure consistency with processes; provides insights, recommendations, and implements strategies that include best practices, analyzing trends through rigorous measurement; influences change based on results; and provides leadership education in collaboration with Human Resource business partners and company leadership.
The HR Employee Relations Associate Manager provides in-depth expertise, leadership, and project management skill application in the development and/or implementation of specific processes, products, and services. Builds relationships with senior business leaders and Human Resources Client Partnership. The role collaborates with the Human Resource Business Partner in formulating HR plans. Accountable for interpreting internal and external business issues and recommends best practices, solving complex problems, and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. May lead functional teams or projects, and is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
Leadership and Training/Development
- Provide leadership to direct reports providing direction, coaching, development and general oversight.
- Serve as subject matter expert.
- Lead special projects/presentations for the CERT.
Influence and Engagement
- Ability to act independently, demonstrate consideration of the facts and good judgment.
- Interact and influence senior level business unit leaders regarding complex employee relations situations.
- Provides leadership to CERT staff regarding employee relations scenarios to include various employee relations situations: Unacceptable Notifications (UNs) Attendance, Behavior, Performance
- Handle Involuntary Terminations
- Spot check interview process
- Allstate in-Report concerns
- Workforce Transition execution
- Case Management Tool (CMT) documentation and file review results
- Analysis of Client Satisfaction Survey results
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert for the CERT team
- Provide proactive recommendations to the CERT team based on metrics relative to team design changes/enhancements, leadership development and process changes.
- Serve as Human Capital Planning CERT lead
- Lead CERT in helping to ensure leadership development based on trends and provides guidance in implementing employee relations development program(s) as appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 7+ years of professional experience in Human Resources
- Prior leadership experience with direct reports
- Must have experience in an Employee Relations role
- Leadership skills Takes initiative in identifying opportunities for individual, team, and company improvement; Provides coaching on technical and interpersonal skills needed for a project or team member
- Relationship management experience Ability to consult with and influence clients and team members; Builds and maintains relationships with senior management from multiple business units
- Interpersonal skills Demonstrate awareness of employees attitudes and feelings; Effectively consult and influence others; Exhibit tact and consideration
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually, analytically and creatively
- Advanced communication skills Analyzes, interprets, and provides key and complex communication to team members, clients, and selected management, both written and orally
- Advanced consultation skills with ability to influence outcomes
- Teamwork/collaboration skills Provides guidance and collaborates with team in order to accomplish goals
- Strong understanding of multiple business unit operations; possess general knowledge of HR and company policies and procedures; and advanced understanding of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Strong analytical skills: ability to create spreadsheets, consolidate data and formulate observations/recommendations
- Strong project management skills
- Professional with strong organizational, communication and administrative skills
- Advanced time management skills including ability to lead multiple direct reports of varying experience levels, handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Understanding of HR strategy, policy and identifies integration points to effectively support positive business outcomes
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.