Commercial Business Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
ABI Strategy Development and Execution
- Through direction of the ABI Sales Director, support the Allstate Independent Agency community.
Business Planning and Consulting
- Establish the AIA CBC role as a value added resource by successfully implementing the following business strategies:
- Discovery: What is the Agencys level of commercial commitment and what markets is the agency currently targeting
- Analysis: Based on commitment, develop an agency commercial growth plan including Agency Revenue and recognition
- Planning: Identify resources for the execution. What gaps exist? Staffing, education, lead sources, etc.
- Implementation: Execute a proactive marketing program designed to achieve the agency goal
- The Allstate Independent Agency CBC is a partner with each of the Eastern CBCs, the regional Territorial Sales Consultants and the Regional Sales Managers in order to build and maintain effective relationships. Hold monthly sessions with each to discuss ABI commercial strategies and processes, shared opportunities with agents, and how each support the agents.
- Participate on team calls, in market meetings, kick off meetings, etc.
Agency and Staff Development
- Support existing AIA commercial needs
- Assist in onboarding of new AIAs and staff to ensure a consistent, quality commercial development process
- Have in-depth knowledge of and assist AIAs utilize the Commercial Agent and Connexus platforms
- Serves as a communication source between ABI, TSCs and Regional Sales Managers, through recurring monthly meetings/calls and participation on TSC and Regional Sales Manager team calls.
- Work with AIA sales management to utilize the AIA News newsletter as the focal point for AIA commercial communication.
- Have in-depth knowledge of and effectively communicate ABI key messages to AIA agents, TSCs and Regional Sales Managers; ABI awards & recognition programs (TCP program), profitability initiatives (RMPs) and agent support solutions (ABIe).
Training and Education
- Through consultative interaction, the AIA CBC coordinates training resources to solve training needs. Education resources may include 1:1 training and On-Demand vertical models to educate agents and staff.
Required Licences & Certifications: P&C licensed in state of residence and Industry certifications preferred.
3+ years of experience in sales or business consulting
Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships across multiple business functions.
In-depth knowledge of commercial products and processes
Independent Agent experience preferred
Analytical and Technical Skills
Understanding of pricing, claims, local market planning, sales trend analysis and marketing data
Ability to assess market conditions, trends and indicators
Adept with desktop automation tools
Familiarity with Business Insurance industry, including competitors and trends and products is a plus
Process development and implementation skills
Proficiency with business consulting tools
Business consulting and sales skills
Commercial insurance designations (CPCU, CIC, etc.) desired, but not required
Strong communication skills includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation, and relationship management
Advanced interpersonal skills can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust
Problem solving knowledge of all aspects of sales processes and drivers; projections, goals, targets, cross-sell, retain, profitability, compliance, and quality
Team Building blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging the team; etc.
Provides influence and authoritative advice
Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies
Impacts department results and operational effectiveness
Leadership participates as a member of functional leadership teams
Planning and organizational skills effectively work outside an office with limited daily supervision; can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.