Integrated IT Audit Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate IA is seeking individuals with considerable IT experience as well as a strong understanding of Allstate business processes and leadership experience. We value creativity, enthusiasm and teamwork. We are looking for someone who has prior experience auditing IT applications and systems supporting business processes and is passionate about leading people and projects. You will work across multiple business units and work on cross-functional audit teams to apply a risk-based approach to audit projects that are technological, operational and strategic in nature. You will oversee your audit programs and project plans and have full accountability for all audits under your leadership including leading complex audits. You will also be asked to play a key role in developing others during each engagement through coaching and delegation.
We are looking for a strategic and technical leader for this role a person who can bring both technology and business insights, has aspirations to develop their skills, and is inspired to be a great partner to clients. Are you up to the challenge?
- Lead discussions with senior management to inform quarterly and annual risk assessments, and complete the risk assessment process for the portfolio
- Evaluate risk exposures and the adequacy and effectiveness of controls relating to the organizations governance, operations, and information systems
- Oversee multiple audits while leveraging his/her audit knowledge to deliver high quality results, consistent with the audit plan and guidelines
- Manage and at times lead complex audits of IT applications which support key business processes as well as operating systems, security, and architecture
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and exhibit strong partnering skills, and ability to interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders
- Provide the appropriate level of project planning, delegation of work, and supervision of assigned staff to ensure planned audits meet Allstate IAs process expectations
- Ensure effective deployment of audit resources to achieve the plan, meet objectives and deliver a high quality product
- Ensure the client is addressing audit issues appropriately and in a timely manner, as agreed upon at the conclusion of the audit engagement
- Effectively develop and mentor team to build broad and deep bench strength in the skills needed to audit the assigned area
- Perform performance management process according to company standards for all direct reports
- Establish credibility with and earn the trust of the business unit and IT management team, to whom this leader will have high visibility. Keep client areas informed of the audit plan and upcoming audit engagements within their area of responsibility. Address client concerns in a timely manner. Lead the development of new department strategies, tactics and audit methodologies
- Self-motivated individuals have periodic flexibility in their work location
- Extensive audit and/or business experience (7+ years), including successfully leading technology and operational audits that were leveraged to provide thought leadership and value to clients
- Strong understanding of Allstate business units and business processes and supporting technology
- Critical thinking and problem solving abilities for complex issues
- Strong people leadership, as well as project and time management skills
- Ability to effectively influence individuals to action
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort in dealing with various technology and business areas (Market Facing Businesses, AORs, Shared Services), as well as complex and sensitive situations
- CPA, CIA, CISA is a strong plus; to further support effectiveness and career development the candidate will be highly encouraged to attain such a designation within 24 months of joining Allstate Internal Audit
- College degree or university degree required, Masters degree a plus
- Travel may be required depending on the audit plan, training opportunities and personal preferences
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.