Encompass Catastrophe Inside Property Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Encompass Insurance has an exciting opportunity for an Inside Catastrophe Property Adjuster in Irving, TX!
The Adjuster is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling moderately complex personal property or liability insurance claims in which our Encompass customers are involved, including specialized property insurance claims such as environmental, errors and omissions, litigation, and foreclosures. This individual handles losses that do not require an outside adjuster's inspection and works directly with clients with a focus on customer satisfaction. This individual reviews the insurance policy, reviews reports and photos, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage, and authorizes payments. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- May handle first notice of loss of water damage claims
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies moderately complex coverage/policy information
- Provides coverage explanation to customer
- Reviews/approves repair estimate
- Prepares moderately complex damage estimates
- Organizes and reconciles bills
- Conducts fast track estimating
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims as needed
- Handles contents inventories and moderately complex contents pricing analysis and prepares claims reports
- Handles claims that include Public Adjuster involvement
- Adheres to applicable compliance standards
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a committee team member on medium projects
- May conduct subrogation investigations
**Must be available to work a scheduled shift between the hours of 7am - 7pm Monday- Friday with rotating Saturdays and/or Sundays.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years of claims adjusting experience preferably in property
- Interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Standardized preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Fluency in Spanish and English is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.