Member Services Representative
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Roadside Services Call Center provides emergency roadside assistance for retail members, customers, and OEM partners. The Member Services team is responsible for delivering prompt and quality customer service centered around towing, jumpstarts, and tire changes 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
The Member Services Associate II uses active listening skills determine the needs of customers and member to arrange for roadside assistance. The role will be involved in verifying identification and benefits, determining specific locations, and then arranging for emergency auto roadside dispatch or warranty service, for both wholesale and retail customers with various client/partners nationally. The Associate II will also resolve customer concerns, answer customer inquiries and make retention efforts.
- Research, investigate and resolve customer concerns/inquiries
- Respond to telephone inquiries from customers and providers pertaining to coverage, claims and billing.
- Update customer files and attempt to save and retain memberships, as required.
- Determine specific breakdown location, and secure appropriate dispatch service for the customer. This may involve securing a provider outside the established provider network and establishing payment terms with them
- Strong Customer Service and speaking skills, basic PC knowledge and ability.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge of products & specific benefits, and ability to respond to customer inquiries.
- Ability to probe callers to ascertain location and benefit coverage, then locate service provider to arrange emergency auto dispatch service nationwide, for both wholesale and retail customers.
- Ability to read maps and utilize internet resources to determine customers location.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.