- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
- Build best-in-class predictive models and decision tools to address Allstate Roadside Services business needs by leveraging state-of-the-art machine learning and statistical algorithms
- Identify new areas of data, research and build predictive models to improve Network Operations
- Work on data and problems across ARS departments to drive improved business results through designing, building, and partnering to implement models
- Manage data and data requests to improve the accuracy of our data and decisions made from data analysis
- Use and learn a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., Business Objects, Tableau, R, Python, Hadoop, Oracle)
- Use best practices to develop statistical, machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs
- Develop frameworks/prototypes that integrate data and machine learning/predictive modeling to make business
- Effectively understand the business problems and requirements to identify the optimal modeling approach
- Communicate findings to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes
- Utilize effective project planning techniques to break down complex projects into tasks, manage scope of projects, and ensure deadlines are kept
- Work with stakeholders to ensure the project will meet their needs
- Identify and develop data sources to solve business problems
- Manage various analytical and modeling projects with small number of team members
- Influence business partners and senior leadership on the effectiveness of machine learning/predictive modeling to solve their business problems
- Maximize personal professional development to ensure continuation of a personal contribution to the team and Allstate
- Masters degree or PhD preferred in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, finance, or economics. Proven experience in using statistical modeling and/or machine learning techniques to build models that have driven company decision making
- At least 3 years (over 5 years preferred) of predictive modeling experience or equivalent skills & ability.
- Must be technically proficient, mathematically agile, business savvy and good at communication
- Proven experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Working business knowledge of Roadside Services, particularly, Network Operations, Call Centers, and Claims
- Proficiency in coding and developing prototypes in R and/or Python is required
- Proven knowledge of advanced modeling technique such as classification/regression, spatial analysis, time series analysis, etc.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred
- Product analytics including defining KPIs, monitoring change of KPIs, and providing insights
- Design experiments for A/B testing and interpret results using proper statistical testing
- Discrete optimization such as linear/integer/stochastic programming
- Text analytics such as topic mining from unstructured text
- Survival model and attrition analysis
- Develop discrete event simulation of complex systems
- Experience in data engineering in big data ecosystem such as hadoop/Spark/hive is a huge plus
- Ability to train, develop, and teach more junior modelers
- Ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to analyze and interpret moderate to complex concepts
- Ability to provide written and oral interpretation of highly specialized terms and data, and ability to present this data to others with different levels of expertise
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.