Finance Risk Development Program
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is a company that's transforming - and we need charismatic and innovative professionals for our Finance/Risk Leadership Development Program - leaders who can help drive decisions as we evolve into the future. Are you up to the challenge?
Allstate's Finance/Risk Leadership Development Program is designed to build versatile leaders by providing cross-functional experience through three rotations within the Finance/Risk organization at Allstate. Each rotation lasts one full year and aligns to the Finance/Risk organization. This approach builds business acumen and deep expertise that is imperative for successful leadership at Allstate.
Participants will have the opportunity to jump-start their career within an area in which they want to focus through the following opportunities:
- Three 1-year structured rotations in different areas within Finance/Risk
- Rotations within each area could consist of the following:
- Treasury, Corporate/Business Finance and Strategy, Investments Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate/Business Risk, Audit, Investor Relations, Tax, Accounting and/or Risk and Capital Modeling
- Assignments that involve people, project, and change management along with client-facing work, operations, and strategy
- Two formal learning conferences each year with experiential learning opportunities and exposure to key leaders
- Formal mentoring relationships with experienced Allstate Leaders as well as a peer mentor during the program
- Opportunities to get to know our nonprofit partners and to volunteer within and outside of Allstate
- The program begins Summer 2018
- Rotation locations will be within our Home Office in Northbrook, Illinois
This program is in extension of the Allstate Leadership Development Program (LDP) for the Finance/Risk Organization. To learn more about Allstates Leadership Development Program including the perks, benefits, and program details, visit http://www.allstate.com/careers/students-and-new-grads.aspx!
- Completed degree by June 2018
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
- Prior internship or co-op experience, or relevant work experience (0-3 years)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5+
- Extensive Leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, community involvement, or in the workplace
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.