Field Vice President, New York
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The primary objectives of the Field Vice President (FVP) include: generating profitable growth and increased market share within the Region; comprehending the overall corporate strategy and effectively developing and implementing a strategic business plan to meet those objectives; meeting the regional goals and expectations for the territory by assisting in the development of regional tactics; effectively communicating goals and objectives to regional personnel; providing leadership and development to all regional personnel. The FVP must maintain strong business relationships and through leadership, gain alignment and momentum in delivering Company goals. This position reports directly to the Field Senior Vice President (FSVP).
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for the FVP will include:
- Develops, with input from the Senior Leaders, a strategic business plan (profitability, sales results, marketing, communication, education, employee development, staffing, etc.) that supports the achievement of the regions overall business plan;
- Accountability for developing and leading strategies to achieve profit and loss targets for an assigned geography or line of insurance;
- Holds leaders accountable for achieving business objectives, provides on-going performance feedback, conducts checkpoint meetings and prepares performance evaluations;
- Communicates information concerning: Company and industry news and compliance;
- Effectively implements pricing and risk management strategies to achieve profitable growth objectives;
- Champions new ideas and initiatives; identifies new business opportunities and makes them a reality/fosters innovation and risk taking.
- Works with other regional leaders to coordinate company initiatives with distribution strategies so that there is an integrated approach by the Product Management, Marketing, Sales Support, Finance and Human Resources departments to achieve business objectives;
- Builds and maintains a collaborative working relationship across all functional areas and proactively shares information to ensure a common vision and partnership in support of profitable growth objectives;
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with Agency Owners;
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with Home Office.
- Leads change in people, structure, processes and encourages new and innovative methods to achieve high level results;
- Coordinates direct report education and development through mentoring and formal education;
- Fosters an environment that encourages continuous growth and development for self and for direct reports leads by example;
- Ensures that annual development plans are documented and executed for self and for all direct reports.
- Attends and participates in various Company meetings;
- Compiles, analyzes and communicates results;
- Participates in the annual budgeting process and provides input for the regional results and expense plans;
- Completes checkpoint and progress review documentation as part of the employee performance management process.
The successful candidate will be a change leader and manager. This individual must also have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Companys stated values
10 years of previous leadership experience;
- A strong knowledge base of the industry and experience either managing or directly contributing to a companys Profit and Loss statement;
- A bachelors degree is required;
- Professional designations, such as CLU and ChFC are desired;
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement;
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals;
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative;
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas;
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals;
- Ensure the development of a diverse pool of talent to meet current and future organizational needs;
- Create an environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively;
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character;
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations;
- Pursue lifelong learning and personal development.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.