Audit Data Specialist Analyst - Entry
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Allstate Internal Audit (Allstate IA) Data Analytics Center of Excellence (COE) is responsible for providing data-driven and systematic assurance across Allstate Corporation. Our objective is to enable Internal Audit to leverage data and analytics to drive more robust audit processes that provides more breadth and in depth insights to the companys overall understanding of its risk environment.
Data Specialists is responsible for providing technical and analytical support to audit teams in executing various phases (i.e., planning, fieldwork, reporting) of their engagements using data & analytics. This role is responsible for executing tasks that have impact to the data analytics strategy of the Internal Audit Department. This includes initiatives that increase productivity and realizing cost savings by building a knowledge repository of data and analytics developed for audit testing; implementation of data extraction, translation, and load processes; automation of end-to-end control or process testing.
- Partners closely with audit team to understand data requirements and deliver data sets that will be used for executing the required data analytics tests.
- Extract and prepare data for analytic execution, including intermediate SQ coding
- Develop analytic solution using robust data analysis tools, including R, Hadoop, and Python
- Assist in delivering foundational components of a sustainable data analytics program.
- Determine the design and implement solutions for continuous auditing
- Develops innovative solutions to data and analytics issues and challenges within the team
- Advocate the value of using data analytics with the aim to help audit staff become autonomous relating to analytic tasks.
- Bachelors degree required
- Knowledge of database & Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) concepts.
- Knowledge of various data types (e.g. Relational, Unstructured, Hierarchical, and Linked Graph Data).
- Experience working with analytical software such as ACL, IDEA, Excel, R, etc.
- Experience using robust data analysis tools, including R, Hadoop, and Python
- Strong critical thinking, adaptability, and problem solving skills around complex business issues
- Effectively collaborate with various analytic project stakeholders
- Summarize analytic results and insights for a variety of audiences, including root-cause analysis
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.