Direct Claims Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
Allstate Insurance Company has an excellent career opportunity for a Direct Claims Consultant in Northbrook, IL!
Specialty Operations Direct Claims handles a wide range of diverse work in multiple claim areas, including primary environmental, lead, asbestos bodily injury, excess environmental and mass tort, workers compensation, and involuntary reinsurance. This group completes quality and compliance processes and activities to support the achievement of performance objectives in all of the multiple claim areas described above, including payment/cost management and reporting required information accurately and timely.
This position will encompass responsibilities and work in various areas within Specialty Operations Division: Direct Claims (includes primary environmental, lead, asbestos bodily injury, excess environmental and mass tort, workers compensation), reinsurance collections, and involuntary reinsurance.
- Review and analyze policies, claim facts and applicable law in order to make coverage determination
- Evaluate claims to determine potential liability, establish loss and expense reserves, formulate resolution plans and proposals
- Work with management and counsel in overall direction and resolution of litigation and manage litigation costs
- Make recommendations and establish action plans for the disposition of reported claims
- Report regularly to reinsurers and assist with reinsurance collections
- Conduct claim audits for exhaustion and compliance with guidelines and prepare results reports
- Provide written and verbal reports to management
- Perform assigned accountabilities in accordance with established departmental guidelines to include evaluations, authority levels, claim guidelines
- Utilize computer software for the completion of assigned accountabilities
- Create custom reports for data analysis
- Participate in training programs
- Contribute to the formulation of departmental policy and procedure
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel required (5%-20%)
- Bachelors Degree
- 2 + years related experience handling primary claims with moderate coverage issues.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office: Intermediate Excel, Word, Outlook. Basic-PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with others at all organizational levels as well as outside counsel and other parties
- Good organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- General knowledge and ongoing learning of applicable statutes and case law
- Comprehensive claims handling knowledge and skills
- Negotiation experience
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding the Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.