Catastrophe Field Multi-line Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Catastrophe Claims Multi-line Field Adjuster!
Customers need us the most when they are involved in an accident. As an Allstate CAT Claims Multi-line Field Adjuster you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise to help restore peoples lives after theyve had a loss. You would be responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling property damage, auto damage and liability insurance claims to return customers vehicles and homes to their pre-loss condition. You will be traveling to the loss site to conduct a thorough analysis, reviewing the insurance policy, evaluating damages, determining loss coverage and authorizing payments. It is imperative that you deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy to ensure customer retention. You would work independently, prioritizing responsibilities, and managing your own workload while ensuring that you are meeting customer service standards. You will be challenged to manage multiple cases simultaneously, and solve problems in a fast-paced working environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering exceptional and courteous customer service
- Investigates moderatley complex files, reviews damage, takes photos, and determines reparability or total loss for auto damage
- Prepares damage estimates and locates parts
- Communicate and negotiate effectively with our customers and vendors
- Treat customers respectfully and compassionately
- Solve problems, make decisions, and take action
- Conduct research, investigate details, and estimate damage
- Create an organized work routine in a virtual environment
- Work independently and responsibly to handle claims in a professional and caring manner
- Work as a team within an assigned unit and also within the team at large
- Create and maintain business relationships
- Support Allstate's commitment to the highest ethical standards
- Manage communication, verbally or in writing, regarding claim processes/procedures with other customers, employees, leaders and teams.
Working environment: Please note that, since this is a field position, you will need to have a valid drivers license. This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel across the country as much as 90% of your working time. You will be working 10 days on with 4 days off, as a result, you must be willing to work weekends and extended hours as necessary. In addition you must be able to carry and set up a 50lb. ladder, and climb up and down it many times a day.
- High School Diploma / General Education Diploma (GED), 2+ years of experience writing auto estimates for an insurance carrier or in an auto body shop. For this role, property estimating experience is desirable but not a must
- Must be able to travel 90% and able to work a non-traditional schedule
- Proven experience using a computer estimating system such as ADP, CCC or Mitchell
- Xactimate estimating experinece is a plus
- I-CAR Gold or Platinum and ASE certification are especially desirable
- Diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Must be proficient in Microsoft
- Customer service experience through extra-curricular activities, community involvement, or in the workplace
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Ability to be flexible in the work environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and seek training necessary to excel
- Proven record for maintaining the highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Prior military are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.