Test Manager - User acceptance testing (UAT)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
Area of responsibility
The Test Manager UAT plays a crucial role in developing & managing UAT test strategy for new products and businesses around emerging technologies (e.g. big data, digital, Internet of Things). This person drives strategy, execution, and reporting for UAT testing on high profile opportunities within a scrum / Agile process. S/he brings rigor to ambiguous requirements that need testing, communicates effectively across one or more matrixed teams, ensures that identified defects are fixed and helps to creatively problem solve any issues or defects found.
- The overall plan, management, and execution of the entire User Acceptance Testing (UAT) flow, including:
- UAT test strategy
- UAT test plan
- UAT test scenarios and test cases
- Recruitment of UAT testers
- UAT test status reports, and other feedback as provided from UAT
- Integration of UAT feedback into the agile sprint process, including within use of current tools (Jira, Confluence, Slack, etc).
- Effective communication with all relevant business stakeholders and system owners
- Management of the sourcing and preparation of UAT test data, UAT test environments and loading of test data
- Management of the UAT test team & UAT defect management and resolution activities
- Quality assurance of the team's processes and key deliverables
- Partnering with the team to assess severity of & identify solutions for any bugs / defects found
- Own the decision on whether a release meets UAT acceptance criteria
- Strong experience as UAT Test Manager; able to formulate an effective, practical but robust UAT Strategy in a complex environment with multiple vendor platforms
- Comprehensive understanding of testing methodologies, standard test deliverables and their role within the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experienced in analyzing and translating agile stories into testing requirements.
- Demonstrated experience of full product development lifecycle: concept to end design, development, testing and implementation experience
- Experience with testing mobile first designs that communicate with cloud-based platforms. Specific iOS, Android and AWS environment testing a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills - the role requires interaction with many stakeholders. Must have cross functional and cross-cultural awareness, and ability to work in a fluid matrixed environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills - both written and verbal
- Strong team management skills, capable of managing a team of 2 - 4 testers and a wide group of business end users.
Value proposition of this role
- Opportunity to build innovative new products and businesses, making a tangible, lasting impact
- Opportunity to work with the latest technologies and tools and to shape testing processes
- Critical role in high profile, high priority projects for one of the U.S.s largest companies and most respected brands
- Compelling platform for leadership development and professional growth
- Collegial, team-oriented culture with a healthy work/life balance
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.