- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages close to $90 Billion of assets across portfolios for three major clients for Allstate to meet their investment objectives. The business model provides the foundation for daily decision-making and portfolio management. Allstate Investments strives to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of the Allstate Corporation. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including taxable and tax-exempt fixed income, equities, private and alternative securities and commercial mortgages as well as accounting, finance and technology. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged. This role is responsible for performing quantitative analysis and research within the Risk and Return group of Allstate Investments. Areas of primary focus will include asset allocation, econometric modeling and risk management.
- Assist in research and development of models for investment strategies and risk management
- Use quantitative techniques to forecast returns and risks for traditional asset classes and alternative investment strategies
- Work with risk management system in modeling assets, and assisting risk managers to analyze risk for various portfolios
- Assist with development, back testing and performance tracking of quantitatively oriented investment strategies
- Maintain and enhance existing credit risk, valuation and surveillance models
- Work with IT/Infrastructure resources in building and implementing quantitative investment framework
- Effectively interpret model results and findings.
- 5+ year experience with quantitative investment research
- Desired credentials include direct experience in development of quantitative models to support asset allocation and relative value decisions across markets
- Experience developing quantitative investment strategies a plus
- Solid understanding of financial markets, financial modeling, risk management, and numerical methods
- Strong computer skills and programming experience in Matlab, SQL and VBA, C++ experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop quantitative models and tools to support asset and risk allocation process
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
MBA or PhD degree with quantitative focus preferred; CFA a plus
The successful candidate will be a change leader and manager. This individual must also have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Companys stated values:
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement;
- Self starter who is able to work independently
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals;
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative;
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas;
- Contribute to the creation of a work environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively;
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character;
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations;
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and personal development.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.