Corporate Strategy Consultant II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a member of the Allstate Corporate Strategy team, this position will focus on activities related to market, trend, customer, channel and competitive assessments. This position will also help develop data analyses, reports and presentations for internal business units and for the board.
- Provide analytical and research support for market, trend, customer, channel and competitive assessments
- Bring clarity to business issues using a hypothesis-driven approach
- Support basic analyses of financial modeling
- Support project management team goals and objectives through basic analysis
- Support business unit strategy development
- Provide support for interdisciplinary teams across the company
- Provide support with preparing senior management and board level presentations
- Provide support for internal alignment; facilitate transparency of work products
- 1-2 years experience in strategic planning, management consulting, investment banking, corporate development or finance
- Bachelors degree with a high record of academic achievement
- Strong quantitative and analytic skills including the ability to synthesize complex data
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
- Ability to distill complex business issues into easy-to-follow narratives
- Ability to conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Ability to synthesize work and present ideas to manager
- Ability to structure documents to effectively communicate results of work
- Experience with insurance or other financial institutions preferred
- Comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment with aggressive timelines
- Demonstrated leadership skills from prior employment and extracurricular activities
- Team player with collaborative nature and intellectual curiosity
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.