Financial Sales Consultant - Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Be a leader, drive results,
The Financial Services Consultant (FSC) opportunity includes recruiting, coaching and training, production growth for Allstate Financial and Life, to be deployed in markets where the most pressing needs. There is responsibility for support in the development and implementation of Financial Services (FS) business strategies. This includes the FS production plan, Exclusive Agent (EA) and Exclusive Financial Specialist (EFS) development, EFS appointments, EFS retention, and development of tactics to increase market share in FS products. The FSC has direct involvement in the successful recruiting, appointment, installation, development, and retention of EFSs.
This position will require field travel within the region.
- Building and maintaining relationships with distribution leaders, EA's and EFS's to help align individual producer and leader objectives with the organizations FS strategic priorities.
- Forecasting EFS appointments and other resource needs for the territory, anticipating turnover, and developing contingency plans to meet the territorial EFS appointment plan. FSC is also responsible with the Territory Sales Leader for territorial EFS appointment plan.
- Conducting new EFS installations and on-going EFS development activities to ensure a quality development process that includes coordination of all involved support departments. Evaluating EFS skill levels and identifying development and education opportunities for new and existing EFSs.
- Possess knowledge of Allstate products, pricing, discounts, and competition in various markets within all states and regions
- Understands the importance of comparative raters in the Allstate Independent Agent (AIA) channel
- Acts as a subject-matter expert and liaison for Comparative Raters within the AIA channel
- Helps ensure that comp rater projects, plans, and strategies support the organization and business goals
- Act as a liaison with the sales and education teams to build out comparative rater education/training material
- Actively participates in the user acceptance testing efforts for new deployments, and contributes a strict focus on agency experience and improving the ease of doing business
- Interprets and draws conclusions from business data, demonstrating an understanding of overall business needs and desires that apply to a project or effort
- Provides thought leadership, innovative ideas and direction in support of senior leadership by demonstrating a good understanding of the business, customer, and field needs
- Builds and maintains relationships with business and technology partners needed to accomplish assigned tasks
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with project team members, field leaders, and AIAs
- With direction - performs research, gathers information, analyzes data, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations
- Able to identify outstanding or unresolved issues, and escalate appropriately
- Communicates and presents basic project information/updates to project manager
- With direction - plans, implements, manages, and/or contributes to projects
- Utilizes relevant functional, business, and technical knowledge to identify and recommend the best solutions for Agencies and staff
- Solves business problems and looks for innovative solutions to drive strategic change
- Evaluates procedures and processes regularly and determines/ recommends alternatives or improvements
- Ensures processes are followed and applied consistently throughout a team
- Adheres to internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- 5-10 years of financial services and/or P&C sales/management experience recommended
- 4 year college degree
- Designated Supervisory Principal experience
- Extensive financial services product knowledge.
- Expertise in NASD, SEC, and Broker/Dealer regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of industry including competitors and trends (i.e., knows what it takes to be successful in the financial services industry; has a thorough knowledge of the industrys history, customers, and competitive environment).
- Strong communication skills - Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management.
- Ability to develop effective internal relationships across business function.
- Overnight travel
- Series 7, 24, 53, 63 (in some states) or equivalent and Life & Health license
- Industry certifications preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.