Innovation Program Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Allstate Corporation (NYSE: ALL) is the nation's largest publicly held personal lines insurer, serving approximately 16 million households through its Allstate, Encompass, Esurance and Answer Financial brand names and Allstate Financial business segment. Allstate branded insurance products (auto, home, life and retirement) and services are offered through Allstate agencies, independent agencies, and Allstate exclusive financial representatives in the United States and Canada, as well as via www.allstate.com and 1-800 Allstate, and are widely known through the slogan "You're In Good Hands With Allstate."
By leveraging Our Shared Vision, Allstate is committed to strong principles of the highest ethical standards and encourages individual accountability. Allstate realizes success through innovative thinking while providing challenging and collaborative work for its 70,000 employees, including 12,000 exclusive agents. Allstate demonstrates a commitment to diversity through a variety of ways and continues to identify the requirements for future success since it was founded in 1931.
- Manages the entire Initiative Portfolio (a highly complex, large scale, fast paced program)
- Owns the entire Initiative High Level Integrated Plan
- Manages the Initiative Financial Plan; works with Initiative Leadership to create forecasts and manage actuals
- Manages the Initiative Resource Plan; works with Initiative leadership team to create a strategic resource plan.
- Create light touch processes that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Initiative team
- Independently influence cross AOR team members or leaders
- Communicate Program status, issues and risks to sr. leadership
- Ensure Initiative program is on track to meet the companys goals
- Independently coach and mentor others on project management and portfolio management
- Influence Initiatives Leadership team toward execution excellence
- Select appropriate tools for team efficiency
- Bring your voice to the table for the success of the project
- Foster a team environment both within Initiative and with external AORs or vendors
- Independently resolve escalated risks and issues; raising appropriate risks and issues to Sr. Leadership for resolution.
- Undergraduate degree/MBA in Business, Project Management, Finance, (or related field), or relevant experience preferred
- 10+ years of related experience
- Possesses advanced working knowledge of policies and procedures in management or other technical fields
- Leverages understanding of current industry standards/ environment to impact decisions and indicate requirements
- Advanced interpersonal and influencing skills
- Advanced facilitation skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations (ambiguity)
- Balances established best practices with practical context and constraints, using creativity to develop right-sized approaches and solutions
- Broad understanding of enterprise business units
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Advanced organizational and time management skills
- Excels at managing and coaching others
- Experience in Insurance or Financial Services industry preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.