Sr. Farm Underwriter
We have a career opportunity here at our Home Office in Celina, Ohio. This individual will be responsible for underwriting and processing farm risks, as well as working closely with agents, underwriting and marketing staff in a manner which contributes to corporate goals.
- Select and price individual risks based upon the company philosophy and guidelines.
- Reviews, approves/declines, and processes appropriate business.
- Monitor the overall results of the assigned agencies for quality of business, noting trends and opportunities.
- Conducts agency visitations on a quarterly basis, building a good working relationship with the agents in the assigned territory.
- Assist in the training and development of our agency plant, focusing on products, systems and the types of business desired.
An ideal candidate will possess:
- Proficiency with computers and current technology.
- Understanding and commitment to high level of customer service.
- A high level of self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication with our agents or customers through verbal or written correspondence.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Farm Lines underwriting, products, forms, and rating criteria.
Preferred education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Insurance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years Farm underwriting experience.
- Successful completion of or actively working toward the completion of the CPCU program and/or other industry programs.
- Candidates working from their home will be considered.
Celina Insurance is a regional multi-line insurance carrier looking for ambitious team players to build their careers within a dynamic, customer focused environment. Celina has grown over the years by offering superior service and technology to its agents and policyholders. Celina Insurance Group offers a comprehensive compensation, retirement, and benefit package. Please apply at www.celinainsurance.com.