Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
In this role, candidate will work with a multidisciplinary team to design, develop & create analytical solutions through applications of Data Mining, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. The ideal candidate will increase the maturity of the group's current analytical capabilities by progressing from traditional Predictive Modeling to true machine intelligence, and take advantage of emerging technologies around Data Science and AI. Candidate will be expected to be hands on as well as guide and mentor new modelers in the team.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand business needs and apply Data Science/AI/Machine Learning technology to solve real-world business problems
- Ability to build and optimize models using machine learning techniques including feature selection & engineering, boosting, deep learning and ensembles
- Address pain points of the business and provide additional insights across domains like Regression, Classification, Machine Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, and/or statistical modeling.
- As a technical lead candidate will be working with various team members such as data engineers, data scientists, statisticians, actuaries and with application developers
- Analyze source data, working with structured and unstructured data
- Manipulate high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources to highlight patterns, anomalies, relationships, and trends
- Extend company's data with third party sources of information when needed
- May manage one or more advanced research projects simultaneously
- Understands business needs and applies AI/Machine Learning technology to solve real-world problems
- Present analysis and recommendations to target audience
PhD STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) degree with 1 years experience or Masters STEM degree with 4 years experience or Bachelor's STEM degree with 6 yrs required. Moderate working knowledge of modeling/research/analytics or actuarial required. Relevant statistical analysis work experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Relevant work experience in research and/or advanced analytic work (e.g. predictive modeling) in the insurance industry preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Computer Proficiency: Ability to read/revise/review a statistical software program (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS. Ability to create advanced programs from scratch. Leading the Business: Problem Solving & Decision Making. Risk Taking, Innovation. Results Orientation. Business Perspective. Understanding & Navigating the Organization (Includes Collaboration). Leading Others: Forging Synergy. Communicating Effectively. Leveraging Differences. Building & Mending Relationships. Participative Management. Leading Employees. Employee Development. Leading Self: Openness to Influence. Flexibility. Self Awareness. Seeks Opportunities to Learn. Leadership Stature. Credibility. Business Acumen: Understanding and knowledge of key business knowledge areas (e.g. product, enterprise, industry, claim process and competitors). Ability to leverage business knowledge to determine approaches to execution. Critical Thinking: Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; ability to use reason; review facts, identify inconsistencies and weigh options; ability to make logical and timely decisions that address the right issues. Modeling: Ability to develop advanced models and interpret model results. Statistics: Understanding of advanced statistics underlying data models. Ability to apply new statistical procedures to work. Demonstrates strong ability and knowledge of database principles, data profiling, statistics and data modeling and can apply this knowledge in new or complex situations. May guide other professionals.
- 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Machine Learning Libraries, TensorFlow, Machine Vision, and Natural Language Processing
- 4+ years of experience in programming with Python, R, or Java
- 2+ years of experience in handling data and working with database tools, e.g., SQL, Hadoop or Spark
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Deep Learning Tools such as TensorFlow
- Experience with contributing to open source project
- Experience with managing entry level employees
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE