Software Developer-Application Security
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The environment: Software Development, Application Security
The industry leading software development team at Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance aims to improve our companies performance and empower the organization to be more effective at everything it does. Our software platform encompasses all areas of the business from policy administration and claims handling through document management and workflow. GUARD developers enjoy a competitive total benefits package including profit sharing, relaxed dress codes, an opportunity to earn extra cash, and a modern environment conducive to creative thinking and team work.
The role: Software Developer, Application Security
As an application security developer at GUARD, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with developers, business analysts and partners to secure, strengthen, innovate, and enhance business processes throughout the organization. You will be a key member of our team that ensures our system is always safe, secure, fast, available and scalable. You will be working with large and sensitive datasets, so a focus on security, performance and optimized code is important.
- Support, enhance and secure our existing web-based applications.
- Develop security protocols in our data-driven web based solutions.
- Participate in project estimation and scheduling.
- Support and conform to internal development standards.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Experience with .NET, C#, MVC, Web Services for web-based data driven applications
- T-SQL or comparable relational database development skills.
- Experience with web development infrastructure and frameworks: HTML, CSS, jQuery, and LESS/Sass.
- Experience with OWASP, Ethical Hacking Techniques, developer code reviews for established security standards, mentoring developers, designing secure application architectures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic about staying up-to-date with application security threats.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and work in an agile environment.
- BS with strong academic record, or equivalent work experience.
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!