Software Developer- Web Applications
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The environment: Software Development, Web Applications
The industry leading software development team at Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance aims to improve our companies performance and empower the organization to be more effective at everything it does. Our software platform encompasses all areas of the business from policy administration and claims handling through document management and workflow. GUARD developers enjoy a competitive total benefits package including profit sharing, relaxed dress codes, an opportunity to earn extra cash, and a modern environment conducive to creative thinking and team work.
The role: Software Developer, Web Applications
As a web application developer at GUARD, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment working with business analysts and partners to develop, innovate, and enhance business processes throughout the organization. You will be a key member of our team that ensures our system is always fast, available and scalable. You will be working with large datasets, so a focus on performance and optimized code is important.
- Support and enhance our existing web-based applications.
- Develop new data-driven web based solutions.
- Participate in project estimation and scheduling.
- Support and conform to internal development standards.
Develop and maintain technical documentation.Qualifications
- Experience with .NET web-based data driven applications
- Experience with C#, MVC, and Web Services
- T-SQL or comparable relational database development skills.
- Experience with web development infrastructure and frameworks: HTML, CSS, jQuery, and LESS/Sass.
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports, form generation, or financial reporting is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and work in an agile environment.
- BS with strong academic record, or equivalent work experience.
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
- Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!