- Career Level
- Not Specified
Founded in 1997, Homesite Insurance was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
As we continue to grow, our insurance offerings continue to expand. Today, Homesite offers insurance coverage for Home, Renters, Condo, Small Business, Term Life and Flood.
Investigate, evaluate and negotiate third party claims made against Homesite policy holders within given authority limits while providing fair, timely, reliable and professional claims service. The Liability Adjuster will handle claims involving both property damage to others as well as injuries.
Investigate and resolve claims
- Coordinate investigation of liability losses through securing statements from both the named insured as well as the claimant and any witnesses
- Ask appropriate questions to gather required information
- Request and obtain the appropriate information from claimants relative to the damages they allege the insured is legally liable for
- Gather medical records and evaluate the value of the injury claim being presented against the insured's policy
- Negotiate settlement of claims with pro se claimants as well as attorneys representing claimants
- Collaborate with defense counsel on liability claims that are in litigation
- Maintain an active diary system to ensure timely follow up on claims
- Ability to recognize potential fraud for referral to Special Investigations Unit
Customer service focus
- Provide quality customer service to insureds
- Explain to the insured the process of a liability claim being made against them
- Show empathy to the insured particularly when dealing with difficult situations involving injuries
- Provide clear and accurate expectations of the claims process and detail next steps
- Create and send professional, quality correspondence specific to the claim issues
- Quickly and accurately respond to customer questions and concerns
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education
- Maintain professional licenses as needed
- Maintain Homesite's reputation and integrity by complying with federal and state regulations, company service standards, core values and established processes and guidelines
- 2-3 years of homeowner's liability claim handling
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and claims adjusting platforms
- Medical knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to determine complex coverage issues and/or liability disputes
- Ability to articulate decisions to customers, claimants and attorneys
- Excellent business writing skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills