AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust has an immedidate need for a Commercial Claims Subrogation Adjuster in our Dallas, TX or Las Vegas, NV office. The role of the Subrogation Adjuster will be to facilitate recovery of money paid on claims by the AmTrust North America Claims organization or by affiliated AmTrust North America Companies. This candidate will also be responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, evaluation, supplemental investigation, and resolution of liens of claims being handling in the subrogation unit.Responsibilities
- Provides quality service to all customers
- Receives claim assignments from the Team Manager and or works the intake queue for self assignments.
- Verifies liability and negligence scenarios for the jurisdiction in question.
- Places all viable adverse parties, their legal representatives and insurance companies on notice of our lien.
- Coordinates additional investigation as needed by gathering all pertinent information and determining the extent of possible recovery. Does additional liability investigation as determined by the needs of the file and request of the unit leadership.
- Records the claim in the appropriate subrogation log or subrogation screens and sets follow-up diaries as needed.
- Negotiates liens with adverse parties, attorneys and carriers.
- Obtains investigative material such as police reports, investigative reports and assigns experts as needed.
- Controls loss adjustment expenses.
- Documents all correspondence, reports, discussions and decisions.
- Works closely with the primary claim analyst to coordinate the subrogation investigation with the underlying file needs.
- Notifies the primary claim analyst of any situations which may affect the underlying claim.
- Does queries in appropriate databases to develop additional recovery sources.
- Any other tasks or responsibilities assigned.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions.
- Good understanding of liability and negligence, multijurisdictional exposure preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Excellent computer skills including are needed due to multiple claim systems and automated recovery tools such as ISO, Arbitration Forums, etc.
- Sound command of the English language--its grammar, syntax and style, including an understanding of the conventions of punctuation and capitalization.
- Excellent spelling ability and proofreading skills.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Organization skills; Business math Skills; Business telephone skills.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions; ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively with supervision and direction and exhibit good common sense.
- Ability to perform 80 percent sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and negligible force frequently or constantly to move objects, including the human body. May be asked to exert up to 20 pounds of force periodically as needs arise.
- College degree is not a prerequisite for this position; however, incumbents should possess such skills and knowledge as are normally gained in the successful completion of a 4-year college program.
- Insurance coursework (I.e. IIA, CPCU,SCLA,AEI), is beneficial.
- Knowledge of claims handling and state laws and insurance regulations.
- Minimum of three years prior adjusting experience in an insurance-related claims field is beneficial.
- Exceeds expectations in current position.
Valid adjusters license(s) in appropriate states or ability to obtain such
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.