Position Summary: The Accounting Supervisor will interact daily with their team to manage work distribution, work quality and standards. The Accounting Supervisor must be able to work with the leadership team to model the company’s core values and promote a positive team attitude. The Supervisor is expected to work with all levels in the organization to ensure support and understanding with all things related to the accounting department and company financials.
- Team Leadership – Provides management to the team, makes independent decisions, recognizes problems early and works to resolve them proactively and assists with the development of procedures. Representative of company leadership to support the core values, strategic plans, goals and leadership decisions by promoting and establishing these initiatives within their team.
- Process – Ensures that team members are in compliance with company policies, procedures and applicable regulations and laws while maintaining individual productivity. Responsible for team scheduling and work flow, being proactive to identify any process gaps or problems and recommending solutions as needed.
- Customer Service and Communication Skills – Requires accomplished communication skills. Must be able to handle difficult conversations and exhibit conflict management skills. All communication must maintain a reputation of professionalism, courtesy and respect with an ability to build relationships at all levels of the company.
- Team focused – Responsible for team performance, to include training, coaching, counseling, and motivating team members as needed. Identifies development opportunities and possible disciplinary measures. Ensures effective team relations, creating a positive work environment with effective communication methods, solving employee problems, managing conflict and responding to grievances.
- Independent Workload – As a working supervisor you will work on projects as assigned by management and project based work with other supervisors. Additional projects within the company as management sees fit will be your responsibility to resolve. Assisting with daily accounting tasks when necessary to ensure the department maintains monthly and annual deadlines.
- Strong work ethic – Takes ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. Is diligent and persistent to overcome difficult situations. Must be a self-starter, show initiative, disciplined to focus on goals with a commitment to the outcome. The ability to make value-based decisions independently. Ability to work additional hours when needed to ensure projects or department deadlines is met.
- Attention to Detail – Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of all documents. Ability to be thorough and complete when working, processing, or providing information and documentation: tracking details and creating accurate documentation even under pressure. Respond to management requests for information and recommendations in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Teamwork – Consistently work in a positive and cooperative manner with fellow Team Members with an ability to lead. Set a positive example for the team by modeling all core company values, policies and guidelines.
- College degree or eight years of relevant experience
- At least three years of supervisory management experience, with at least one year managing fiscal responsibilities.
- Experience with administering, editing and facilitating SOC audits.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Experience with annual budgeting and addressing tax inquiries from multiple states.
- Experience with reviewing, analyzing and interrupting contracts.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, QuickBooks and Excel knowledge.
- Very strong time management and project management skills.