Keenan & Associates is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services in the areas of: employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control, financial, and property & liability. We have seen continuous growth and success and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century.
We currently have an exciting, career opportunity for a Underwriting Analyst based out of our Torrance, CA office. This individual will support the Benefits Underwriting and Actuarial Department in performing work relating to Keenan’s data analytics, benefit plan, and stop loss product marketing and presentations. This person will also provide back-up to the Manager and the BUAD Team, interface with insurance and vendor representatives, and coordinate marketing with Keenan/AP agencies nationwide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for performing data entry, completion of monthly client reports, collection and preparation of RFPs for medical stop loss marketing.
- Act as back-up to the Manager; provide product and process training.
- Create, review, and maintain data analytics of reports such as Premium & Claims, stop loss activity tracking and related reports.
- Peer review and provide feedback on data reviews, input tool preparations, and other projects as needed
- Provide support in handling data issues (communicate to client, track progress, and resolve)
- Complete final review prior to release of reports or project results to the field
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain effective verbal and written communication with peers, management and customers
- Apply emotional intelligence in all interactions with others
- Provide administrative support to the unit as necessary
- Comply with all other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced Excel skills required; Microsoft ACCESS or any database programing knowledge is preferred.
- Underwriting, Marketing, Finance, or Accounting Experience in the Employee Benefits field is highly preferred.
- Medical & Health Insurance knowledge preferred
- Positive attitude and team player
- Familiarity working in a high activity and high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail and high accuracy work.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to deal professionally with a variety of unique personalities and challenging situations
The ideal candidate will have a College degree, majoring in accounting or finance preferred.
Keenan provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. We encourage teamwork and employee initiative - people working together is what makes Keenan a success. We invite you to share in the commitment of preserving our warm tradition, reputation and dedication to our clients. After all…What you do makes a difference!
Keenan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Keenan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.