Manager Bill Review
Keenan & Associates is a successful insurance brokerage and consulting firm meeting the insurance needs of hospitals, public entities and California school districts. Keenan specializes in providing consulting services for employee benefits, workers' compensation, loss control services, Keenan Financial Services, and property & liability to school districts and hospitals throughout California. We have seen continuous growth and success, and are positioned to lead the industry into the 21st century.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Manager of Bill Review in our Torrance, CA office location. The Manager of Bill Review is responsible for managing and overseeing overall production of the Bill Review Department. They are also responsible for managing and supervising the Bill Review Assistants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensuring Rush Bills identified by the Branch are processed in a timely manner.
- Assist Bill Review Department Supervisor with Analyst and Specialist Workflow.
- Assist Bill Review Department Supervisor with counseling and corrective action necessary regarding the staff.
- Maintain and develop QI
- Active collaborator with Mitchell management team in addressing bill review problems.
- Audit and counsel Bill Review Assistant’s incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsibility for all workflow issues pertaining to production in department.
- Responsible for interviewing and hiring for the department.
- Daily oversight and review of unit/individual production stats.
- Responsible for proactively addressing any software or hardware issues with IT/Mitchell IT.
- Responsible for daily review/oversight of inventory reports to address turnaround time (paper vs. e-bills), timeliness of PPO re-pricing, provider file updates, etc.
- Manage existing capstone rule and identifying potential new capstone rules to facilitate production.
- Other duties may be assigned.
MINIMUM SUGGESTED QUALIFICATIONS:
- RN License; 2-year College Degree required; 4-year degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Bill Review.
- Needs to be certified as an experienced Bill Reviewer in currently processing medical bills.
- 3 years of Supervisory or Management experience.
- ICD 10 and Medical Coding Certification.
- Effective organizer, planner, self-starter and leader requiring minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Keenan provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. We encourage teamwork and employee initiative - people working together is what makes Keenan a success. We invite you to share in the commitment of preserving our warm tradition, reputation and dedication to our clients. After all…What you do makes a difference!
Keenan provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Keenan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.