- Career Level
- Not Specified
We currently have an opportunity for an Underwriting Assistant to join our Operations team in Salem, VA. Our Underwriting Assistants provide basic technical services and administrative support for OneBeacons underwriters. Duties are performed in accordance with specific instructions and established work procedures.
1. Responsible for sorting, routing, and processing all incoming and outgoing mail. Types and proofreads documents as needed.
2. Scans and attaches documentation into underwriting system.
3. Using the internet, orders various reports, such as MVRs and ISO rate surveys, as applicable.
4. Processes policy filings, cancellation notices, reinstatement notices, and other insurance-related documents as required, while adhering to time service standards.
5. Handles conditional renewal notices processing in accordance with state requirements.
6. Processes incoming new business submissions, while adhering to time service standards. Processes incoming endorsement requests, including referrals to underwriting and may process basic endorsement transactions.
7. Assists with a variety of administrative tasks and special projects as needed. Responds to tasks, requests and inquires in a professional and timely manner.
Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be detail oriented, maintain a high level of accuracy and provide follow-through on projects. Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with company personnel and customers, and exhibit technical competence and good judgment. Demonstrated proficiency with copier, facsimile, phone, internet and computer software including Microsoft Office suite and other data entry applications.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma required, with demonstrated experience. The ideal candidate will have 0-2 years of business experience. Exposure to insurance is a plus.