Senior Underwriter-Commercial Lines Home Office
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Home Office Senior Underwriter is responsible for supporting all departments and partners in the profitable propagation of Commercial Lines business. Will be available for consultations with Field personnel, especially Regional Underwriting Managers, on the subtleties of underwriting, and form and rate application. Will also be focused on Ease of Doing business, making it as simple as possible for agents and vendors to work with us, and underwriters to quote, issue and endorse business. A well-developed depth of understanding of all CIG Commercial Products and Programs as a one-stop shop for anyone seeking guidance is required. Works closely with Product Managers and all Company Directors, to include Claims, Marketing and Sales, on any matters related to Commercial Underwriting.
- Productivity measured by project completion count and dates, 48 hour turnaround of any referrals from the field, and audits completed on schedule
- Maintains close contact with IT, Field personnel, vendors, & other partners to ensure that results are timely and as per specifications
- Underwrites commercial products to include Auto, Excess, and Package
- Places facultative insurance and maintains reinsurance bordereaux
- Oversees Home Office and Field underwriting audit processes for quality control
- Coordinates reinsurer audits of Capital Insurance Group reinsurance treaties
- Assists with training new commercial underwriting hires for the Field Operations department
- Performs as a Subject Matter Expert on commercial products and processes for the Information Technology department (IT) Frequently represents the Commercial Lines Department on projects with Products, building services, and IT for varied purposes
- Drafts manuals, procedures, forms, and systems underwriting information and criteria for review
- Referral, audit, and reinsurance to include non-direct production through our partnership with SureProducts MGA
- Underwriting practice, procedures, rules and regulations
- Rating plans (ISO or similar) and commercial lines coverages
- Knowledge of social, economic and competitive issues affecting CIGs products and processes
- National and local business conditions and trends
- Underwriting and marketing philosophy and procedure
- Basic mathematics and the application of formulas
- Correlate risk factors to underwriting standards to determine acceptance of risk
- Analyze problems and develop effective, pragmatic solutions
- Effectively exchange ideas, information and influence others
- Obtain and maintain a valid Driver License and operate a vehicle.
- Perform and produce consistently under pressure of deadlines within production standards
Education and Experience
College Degree in finance, business administration, insurance or other related business discipline is preferred and Ten+ (10) years experience as a commercial lines underwriter. Demonstrated ability to apply sound underwriting principles in a highly professional manner with minimal supervision. CPCU certification or completion of technical insurance coursework focusing on underwriting principles is desirable. Experience with automated underwriting and rating systems.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
- Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
- Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H