Senior Product Manager Commercial Lines
As a Senior Product Manager this position is responsible for analysis, development and delivery of new, and enhancement of existing products, rates and services for assigned line of business. Product Managers have full profit and loss accountabilities for assigned product(s).
- Research, analyze, propose and implement new products for assigned line of business.
- Portfolio analysis which include regular monitoring of product profitability, trends; analysis of same and action items to address pressures.
- Performs regular rate and product reviews, working closely with Actuarial, Field, Claims and Underwriting partners.
- Prepares rate, rule, product and form filings and response to DOI inquiries
- Responsible for providing requirements to IT for system changes to implement product changes
- Stays current with competitor and marketplace trends and plans accordingly to address changing product needs.
- Responsible for rate, rule, coverage, form and process compliance
- Reviews and implements changes to rates, forms, marketing materials, and
- underwriting guidelines for existing programs as necessary.
- Manages relationships and projects with Product vendors; may negotiate pricing and contracts with service providers or other vendors.
- Works with Underwriting to develop, analyze, create or revise Underwriting guidelines and eligibility rules
- Evaluates and provides guidance and/or instructions on necessary changes to our
- processing systems to improve current programs or add new programs.
- Develops training programs for new trainees, existing employees, and agents. Develops appropriate course materials, reference materials, and training schedules.
- May supervise assigned Product Specialist or Product Analyst staff.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Product Management or Vice President, Operations.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management.
Extensive knowledge of policies, coverage, rating, and procedures for assigned line of business. Direct and perform difficult and highly complex technical and financial work Understanding of predictive modeling and advanced analytics
- Overall knowledge of Underwriting practices, procedures, rules and regulations
- Demonstrated effective project management and organizational abilities
- Prioritize and manage multiple demands under the pressure of deadlines
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Present effective training sessions to individuals or groups
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external partners
- Maintain valid drivers license and accommodate overnight travel for business related reasons
Education and Experience
College Degree in finance, business administration, insurance or other related business discipline is preferred including a minimum of seven years of progressively challenging assignments in a Product Management role, or a combination of education and relevant experience. Proficiency in Excel is required. CPCU and other insurance related continuing education is preferred.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
Learn more about us by visiting www.ciginsurance.com.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO M/F/V/H