- Career Level
- Not Specified
This position is responsible for product and rate analysis, rate filing development, management reporting and analyses that support the rate filing and rate implementation process. At Managers direction, the Rate Analyst will work with Product Director, Compliance, Product Managers, Actuarial, Underwriting, Field Managers, Business Line Managers and Technology to provide a variety of product and rate support functions. This includes but is not limited to, pulling data for analysis in the product and rate review process, research and analysis of competitor filings and rates, developing reports and analyses needed for rate and product decisions that support the organizations focus on core business, growth and profitability. This role includes exhibit creation for rate filings, rate table specification development for technology platforms, rate testing and rate table maintenance for all CIG states and lines of business which include Personal, Commercial and Agriculture lines. Candidate must also have effective written and verbal communications skills to interact with internal and external business partners.
- Provides support to Product Managers, Compliance Manager, Actuarial Management or other members of CIG Senior Management by developing reports and performing a variety of product and rate analyses.
- Assists in product reviews to conduct research and provide competitive rate comparisons/analysis. The incumbent in this position must be able to communicate to an audience of varying levels of technical and business knowledge.
- Will assist in developing filing exhibits for rate filings and compiling rate information for SERFF. Must be familiar and comfortable with state regulatory filing requirements as well as experience in loss and premium trend development.
- The position entails the development of specification documents and direction for the Technology organization. The Rate Analyst will be responsible for reviewing and testing rate revisions in the databases, updating and maintaining rate tables in various policy rating platforms and possible maintenance of EXCEL raters for the various products.
- May perform data mining and reporting for regulators, reinsurance partners and bureaus such as ISO. Must be adaptable, focused, and comply with rigorous formats while balancing data to CIG Financial reports. Must be able to prioritize work, meet deadlines and reply to rigorous audit requests. The position requires the ability to learn about company databases and assemble code to obtain the appropriate data.
- Position is also responsible for scheduled and ad hoc reporting to support Product and Underwriting management.
- Full technical knowledge and proficiency with Visual Basic, EXCEL, SQL, SharePoint experience desirable
- Must be knowledgeable with Personal, Commercial, and Agriculture lines, or demonstrated competencies in Personal or Commercial Lines
- Experience with Coverage forms and underwriting rules and procedures
- Must have a thorough understanding of SERFF state filing regulatory procedures
- Knowledge of the database structures and system platforms (AQS/Insurity, GuideWire) highly desirable
- Knowledge of Insurance coverage, rating methodologies, and insurance accounting principles
- Must have a strong quantitative aptitude, and a strong understanding of mathematics, statistics, and analysis
Education and Experience
College Degree in Business, Finance, Math, Statistics, Computer Science or other related business discipline preferred; OR 2-4 years of progressively challenging insurance industry experience.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
- Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
- Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H