Claims Adjuster - Commercial
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Headquartered in Fenton, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis, Vanliner Insurance Company is a member of Great American Insurance Group. For over 30 years, Vanliner has grown to become the country’s top insurance provider for the moving and storage, parcel and home delivery industries. Our mission since day one, has been to provide first-class insurance products and unparalleled customer service to all of our customers. Our success is driven by the expertise, innovation and commitment to customer service that our employees provide. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
- Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and / or liability.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and may attend arbitrations, mediations, dispositions or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements / reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys simple to moderately complex information (coverage, decision, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statues, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 6 months to 3 years of related experience.
Apply for Claims Adjuster - Commercial
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly