Buffalo, New York
Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Provide first-level contact for Travelers' customers and business partners in the event of a loss or inquiry. Quickly establish a rapport with the caller in order to make the caller feel Secure, Respected, and Cared for. Efficiently and completely obtain from the caller, the essential information to answer an inquiry or establish a loss claim in the Claim Handling Platform. Required hours: 4 days during the week 10 am to 7 pm Sat 8 to 5 pm
Under direct supervision, this position serves as the initial point of contact for customers who have incurred a loss. Complete formal training program for consideration of advancement to Customer Service Representative, Claim. Responsible for accurately and efficiently capturing first notice of loss information and responding to customer inquiries. Applying business knowledge, effectively assess and route information/calls accordingly.
Provides a superior customer experience while maintaining a high level of professionalism and productivity. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment.
Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration. This job does not manage others This job works under Close Supervision: Work is reviewed at several steps along the way. (Generally pertains to trainee positions.)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in on-going training sessions for the handling of first notice of loss calls.
- Answers inbound calls to meet customer needs by responding to questions, redirecting customers to appropriate department/professional, or promptly escalating urgent claims according to the established Escalation Charter.
- Captures first notice of claim loss information from customers via multiple channels accurately and efficiently by utilizing the claim multi-line system.
- Assesses a variety of customer situations to ensure appropriate and comprehensive documentation of information following the guidelines of multiple workflows under the corresponding line of business.
- Actively listens and responds articulately to customer needs. Modifies communication style to provide a positive, consistent, empathetic and thorough customer experience.
- Makes effective use of technology to navigate numerous systems and platforms simultaneously to accurately access and input information.
- Builds and maintains customer satisfaction and trust when effectively applying learned product and systems knowledge.
- Work closely with Unit Manager or trainer to promptly resolve issues.
- Promptly notifies Team Leader and/or Unit Manager of any outstanding or unusual issues concerning external or internal parties and systems. Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED and six months of customer service experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelors Degree preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Customer experience preferred. Customer Focus: Consistently provides an exemplary customer experience by respecting customer needs and attentively addressing customer priorities. Maintains professionalism and courtesy in a demanding, fast-paced environment. (Intermediate) Communication: Skillfully listens to customer with empathy and asks concise clarifying questions to draw information. Reads customer cues and tailors communication and approach when appropriate. (Intermediate) Change Management/Resilience: Maintains composure, flexibility and effectiveness as business needs arise. Demonstrates ability and ease in adhering to a structured and strict daily schedule. (Intermediate) Continuous Learning: Gains, absorbs and applies new information to identify and address own learning and development needs to keep skills up to date as a claim professional. (Basic) Credibility: Demonstrates behaviors that are characteristic of personal responsibility, reliability and trustworthiness. (Intermediate) Technology: Uses, leverages, and maintains proficiency with corporate and job-related technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications, and systems tools). (Intermediate) Information Management: Locates, collects, reviews, organizes, retrieves, maintains and distributes information and data. Follows information collection, retention and storage procedures and knows what information must be gathered. (Basic) Planning & Organizing: Establishes a plan/course of action and contingencies for self to meet current or future goals. Exhibits time management and self-organization skills. (Basic) Teamwork: Understands the principles and importance of teamwork and develops productive relationships within unit. (Basic)
Hours for this position, after training completed: 4 days during the week 10 am to 7 pm and Saturdays 8am to 5 pm. Holiday work hours as required. (Federal and Religious)
Operates standard office equipment (Continuously)
Sitting (Can stand at will) (Continuously) Standing (Frequently)
Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Continuously)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE