Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. a subsidiary of Brown & Brown Insurance, has an opportunity for a Senior Underwriter in the Arrowhead Tribal Program - Denver, CO office. The selected candidate will be expected to work effectively in a position that encompasses complex multi-line risks to successfully manage their book of business of new and renewal production, along with contributing to the profitability of the program portfolio.
The Senior Underwriter must be able to illustrate sufficient technical analysis and underwriting acumen to meet underwriting goals (i.e., achieve growth targets, retention ratios, maintain loss and rate objectives) and make recommendations concerning account structure, pricing, deductibles, and loss control and risk improvement plans when referring accounts for loss activity or authority levels.
- Underwrite assigned risk
- Communicate risk appetite/value propositions to brokers
- Develop strong long-term broker relationships to profitably grow a book of business
- Provide superior customer service to brokers and clients
- Negotiate pricing, terms and conditions & deal structures with broker
- Influence decisions by use of engineering and analytics to differentiate as required
- Engage with engineering and claims in risk analysis and underwriting decision-making
- Manage a book of business including setting up broker plans, target account lists and pipelines along with arranging and monitoring plans for poor performing accounts
- Participate in other underwriting projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of commercial insurance company or managing general agency experience
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships
- Working knowledge of multi-line P&C (Commercial) lines of business, including product features, forms, regulatory environments and risks ect.
- Expertly applies all applicable LOB Underwriting guidelines when making decisions
- Reviews claims and loss information on individual risks. Using this information to identify and re-evaluate accounts and develop strategy for dealing with exposures and frequency issues
- Work in collaboration with Loss Control partners to focus on controlling exposures and maintaining controls
- Take ownership of your underwriting territory though strong book management skills
- Ability to work in dynamic, rapidly changing environment, adapting to change requirements and collaborating with a wide range of colleagues to quickly deliver solutions
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be flexible, learn on the job, and maintain a can-do attitude
- Coaches and mentors staff on team; supports junior and assistant underwriters and serve as a resource for others within the department as needed
- Possess AU, ARMS, CIC, CPCU or other equivalent insurance designation
- Current P&C license
Arrowhead offers competitive base salaries and bonus plans with a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K match, paid time off, paid holidays, flex time and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.