PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As outlined above this position reports to the Bind President and will work in conjunction with the Regional Directors on supporting Bind initiatives. The Bind President will set the priorities for the Unit working in conjunction with the Underwriting Director.
Quality Control/Compliance – Responsibilities Include:
- Monitoring Bind Unit policy filtering process
- Management of physical audit process for the Bind unit
- Development of consistent reporting to management on quality metrics
- First Point of contact with Corporate Compliance function & business unit
- Managing Quality Control/Compliance staff
Systems – (GROW, MAJESCO,BOBCAT,DOCUCORP,FORMS MANAGEMENT,PHOENIX)
- Work with head of P&C Operations and the President of Bind to develop the IT Roadmap for Bind and oversee the implementation of new technology projects
- Responsible for collaborating on the development of business requirements/specifications for Bind IT Projects/Initiatives
- Assist with the coordination user acceptance testing and training activities
- Communicate the IT implementation/rollout activities (Internally & Externally)
- Act as first point of contact on all system and operational issues associated with Bind and work with head of P&C Operations and other appropriate parties to develop recommendations for remediation
Product Development – Responsibilities Include
- Taking a lead role for Bind Unit in working with the RD's and the Bind Underwriters on product development activities along with acting as the primary contact with PMD, Actuarial and IT.
- Maintain log of activities to ensure timely and consistent implementation of new products in line with business plans for each Unit
- Monitor and test new product/forms in production to minimize possibility of post-production errors
- Act as a liaison with the Brokerage units to keep them abreast of changes in forms and approach and when it makes sense coordinate those activities with Brokerage.
- Assist Bind Unit in the utilization of CRM to ensure that functionality supports business functions
Training/Development/Project Roll-Out – Responsibilities Include
- Development of workflows for product launch/deployment
- Coordination of training on new products/initiatives
- Coordination of communication campaigns with marketing
o Website information
o Communication scheduling
o UW Bulletins
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate professionally and maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in business, risk management or related field
- Seven to ten year of technical underwriting experience
- Five years of project management experience preferred
- E&S industry experience a plus but not required
- Physical demands are considered to be that of an office environment, climate controlled, with minimal physical exertion. This position requires prolonged sitting, ability to utilize a computer and interactions with others in meetings or via phone.
- Ability to travel as necessary according to business needs.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance, education assistance and paid time off.
ABOUT IFG COMPANIES
International Financial Group, Inc. ("IFG") is a privately-held holding company with several businesses including insurance, real estate, high end private passenger and military vehicle and niche business segments. IFG refers to those of its subsidiaries in the insurance business as IFG Companies (the "Company"). Currently comprised of two underwriting divisions – the Bind Division and the Brokerage Division, IFG Companies underwrites insurance throughout America. The Bind Division currently focuses primarily on smaller account business underwritten through wholesale producers on a binding authority basis. The Brokerage Division currently focuses primarily on mid-sized or more complex accounts and includes the Primary Casualty Unit, the Excess/Umbrella Unit, the Primary Property Unit, and the Inland Marine Unit.