Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Underwriting Assistant to join our Carlsbad, CA team! This individual will be responsible for processing timely renew requests along with annual audit diaries of any outstanding information.
- Processes new submissions and enter data into system
- Sets up files & mails policies to agents
- Files certificates & finance agreements
- Manages file system: Deeds and Declines
- Manages timely diaries
- Responsible for policy issuance
- Responsible for any outstanding issues that must be taken care of under the direct supervision of the UW
- Ability to extrapolate account data from the system for various reports as directed by UW management
- Process premium accounting in accordance with defined department operating procedures
- Previews all submissions to ensure all is complete and contains all necessary information
- Request further information from agents as necessary sometimes under the direction of the UW
- Shares follow up with agent on status of quote w/UW but will log in
- Write up policy quote
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one or at least 3 years' prior P & C insurance industry experience.
- Completion of insurance related courses or equivalent
- Knowledge and/or experience with commercial multi-line insurance; i.e. classification and experience rating
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong desk management skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be able to partner effectively with their assigned underwriter/underwriters
- Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize heavy workloads
- Good computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Experience in commercial lines insurance
- Experience with commercial multi-lines of business i.e. Property, General Liability, Umbrella/Excess, Auto and Workers Compensation
Arrowhead offers competitive base salaries and bonus plans with a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K match, paid time off, paid holidays, flex time and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Underwriting Assistant - Carlsbad, CA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly