Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Arrowhead General Insurance Agency, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Underwriter who will be responsible for determining risk acceptability of policies and maintaining favorable relationships with producers.
- Receives submissions (quote requests and bind requests) from agents/producers
- Previews submissions for basic program acceptability to determine whether to quote or to deny
- Declinations can be delegated to Underwriter assistants, or written by Underwriter
- Previews all submissions to ensure application is complete and contains all necessary information
- Requests further information from agents as necessary
- Researches all requests for acceptability per Underwriting guidelines
- Writing instructions to Rater so they know what to rate
- Ensuring that rate received from Rater is complete and accurate
- email quote to agent
- Follows up with agent on status of quote and work with agent to get quote accepted by insured
- Thoroughly reviews all aspects of risk per Underwriting guidelines and rejects accounts that are found to unacceptable risks
- Ensures that all information is complete and correct (including credits/debits, etc)
- Faxes agent a bind confirmation with policy number
- Executes in-term client policy change requests as required
- Reviews specific endorsements: specifically endorsements UW Assistants are not authorized to approve including all additional insured endorsements
- Processes renewals that UW Assistants are not authorized to process including renewals with claims or renewals with over a specified premium amount
- Be a resource for questions, information, etc. for Underwriters and Assistant Underwriters
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- 2 - 5 years of Marine underwriting experience
- Ability to rate and quote accounts in various carrier systems
- Ability to meet deadlines set forth by management and/or underwriters within team
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree
Arrowhead offers competitive base salaries and bonus plans with a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K match, paid time off, paid holidays, flex time and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Underwriter - Marine - Carlsbad, CA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly