VP, Litigation & Trial Management
- Career Level
Interested in a role that allows you to lead a large legal operation for one of the fastest-growing insurers in the country? As Vice President of Litigation and Trial Management, you will be responsible for managing a large firm (80 employees) and many diverse and interesting cases.
The role requires a broad specrtrum of oversight: from hiring, to coaching to individual case strategy.
- Develops employees to ensure a high quality product
- Supervises employees in the proper disposition of litigated cases and develops and approves case strategies on litigation. Under minimal supervision, performs and supervises a team of litigation professionals work assignments and oversees problem resolution.
- Directly manages multiple teams of managers, supervisors, attorneys, experienced claims professionals, paralegals, support staff and external counsel representing Windhaven. Oversees a variety of claims-related matters including lawsuits, extra-contractual exposures, arbitration, mediation, examinations under oath, and declaratory actions.
- Develop and train employees to ensure efficient handling and maximum production.
- Set goals, guidelines, and procedures for the department, performs employee assessments, and develops individual performance improvement plans.
- Under minimal supervision is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the unit and its staff members.
- Review, analyze, and report to executive team on performance or organization.
- Work with the Office of General Counsel and Claims management to help research, design and deploy claims-related regulatory compliance initiatives – which may include participating in classroom training of Claims personnel.
- Control, review, audit, and approve legal fees and expenses related to defense of claim suits.
Competencies & Skills:
- >8 Years of Insurance Defense work as an attorney is required
- Court experience is required
- Experience managing teams and individuals. Minimum scale of responsibility to be >50 people in total (through multiple layers) is required.
- Experience managing managers is required
- Familiarity with Florida and Texas insurance markets/laws is required
- Strong Excel experience preferred
- An understanding and experience with process management and improvement is preferred
- Experience with project management is preferred
- Must have an incredible work ethic (best of the best)
- Must want to improve the business
- Should have a good sense of humor
- Must have a desire to move quickly (turtles need not apply)
- Natural leader; always ready to perform and lead others
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.