Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The Manager, Strategic Sourcing Specialist is responsible for collaborating with various Enterprise Line of Business and International business partners in the execution of the Procurement best practices. The position is responsibilities include:
- Strategic sourcing and medium-complex negotiations supporting the Enterprise Line of Business and source various goods and services including but not limited to policy administration and SaaS applications, third party data, professional services (Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and general), as well as goods and services related to the support of Claim, as delegated.
- This job does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and cultivate strong collaborative working relationships with historically autonomous business customers including members of Senior Management as well as business partners such as Legal, Finance, Risk Management, etc.
- Evaluate and negotiate mid-highly complex contracts to mitigate risk and drive optimal Total Cost of Ownership in adherence to corporate contracting standards and policies.
- Escalation of relationship and contractual matters as as appropriate.
- Work on end-to-end negotiation deals and strategic sourcing events that have moderate to high complexity. Use negotiation and influencing skills as needed to enlist support from across many levels of the organization to complete a transaction.
- In collaboration with key business stakeholders, design, lead and manage cross-functional teams in the preparation and evaluation of end-to-end Request for Proposal (RFP) activities including, but not limited to: drafting requirements and other documents, facilitating sessions with suppliers, review bids, conducting analysis (supplier, financial, contractual, etc.) and building evaluation/selection criteria.
- Act as the internal point of contact and Procurement SME for assigned internal contacts and/or business partners to facilitate their Procurement needs, including recommending sourcing strategies and driving results for the business, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Apply Category Management and Procurement best practices to assigned areas of focus including, but not limited to: aintain awareness of changing market conditions, as well as strategic business directions and senior management directives that create opportunities for cost savings. Perform benchmarking, spend analysis and other research to enhance results of negotiation and sourcing events.
- Draft and manage contracts through collaboration with Legal (e.g., master agreement, statement of work, amendment, pricing schedule, service level agreement, etc.) and adherence to established Procurement processes. Activities include prepare and communicate final key contracted terms to the business, senior management, and other stakeholders.
- Act as a champion for Procurement by communicating Procurement processes, policies and periodic updates on the progress of related sourcing projects to assigned business customers and stakeholders, including senior management.
- Communicate and support all areas of the Enterprise Procurement organization including Supplier Risk Management, Operations and other Sourcing teams.
- Support Supplier Diversity initiatives during sourcing events. Leverage, where practical, across multiple business lines for enterprise purchases to ensure optimal pricing, flexibility, and terms and conditions.
- Maintain sourcing documentation to support and audit the selection and sourcing process. Provide some operational support for enterprise purchasing categories and programs Monitor and manage, with the business, contract renewal and termination dates. Perform other duties as assigned.
*Minimum 5+ years of demonstrated success in Procurement, Sourcing and/or Vendor Management organization.
*Expert contracting skills as demonstrated by experience, education and/or certifications for all types of goods and services agreements (PSA/MSA, SaaS, etc.)
*Expert knowledge of Procurement and Category Management processes as demonstrated by previous experience, education and/or certifications.
*Exemplary interpersonal, relationship building and persuasion skills and/or abilities with demonstrated success driving customer service.
*Strong negotiation, analytical, project and/or time management and writing skills required to be successful in role.
*Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changing demands and/or requirements with little to no direction including the ability to take quick decisive actions in unique and complex situations to meeting business and/or customer objectives.
*Attention to detail and customer service orientation required.
*Must have ability to perform equally well in a team and/or collaborative environments as well as operating as an individual contributor.
*High eQ and business acumen.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in negotiating data, software as a service, and professional/consulting services contracts is preferred.
- Experience in the property/casualty insurance industry is a plus. Bachelor degree at a minimum, MBA/JD preferred
- Professional certifications from national Procurement and/or Legal organizations a plus
- Experience successfully navigating, building relationships and driving results highly matrixed organizations is a benefit.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of eSourcing and Ariba procurement applications preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of MS products including: Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency of working with a contract management tool/application to ensure all documents are organized and data is entered accurately preferred.
1 Operates standard office equipment (Frequently) 1 Sitting (can stand at will) (Frequently) 1 Standing (Occasionally) 1 Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key (Frequently)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE