Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
You will lead innovation projects designed to create, design, prototype, and launch products, services and experiences that disrupt the insurance industry. You will lead the Personal Insurance business partners throughout the innovation process from exploration to conceptual design; to detailed design, to develop and build, then launch.
The Innovation Manager engages directly with users, and works to uncover key unmet needs and develops solutions to meet these needs, solving for big customer problems. Brings these 'member centric' solutions to market often in partnership with teams throughout the company.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
The Project Manager controls planning and execution of the Projects activities and resources to ensure that established cost, time, and quality goals are met. The Project Manager works with moderate supervision and is responsible for applying Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to Project deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. The Project Manager operates within defined parameters using a proven Project Management Methodology with flexibility to merge different methodologies in accomplishing collective goals. Manages team development, actively mentors members of the PM community.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 2 years of project management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 5 years of project management experience preferred. Experience managing others and/or project teams preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- You must be a self-starter, flexible thinker, and outstanding communicator who is comfortable working cross-functionally and influencing different personalities and perspectives. You will need those skills as you work not only across our Innovation team, but also across multiple functions with Travelers
- Undergraduate studies in business, marketing, product or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of diverse business experiences with an emphasis on strategy, innovation and product management, ideally with new digital products for consumers or businesses (big and/or small).
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial passion with the ability to explore business opportunities in a structured, yet iterative way, with 'lean startup' design thinking skills / user- centered design expertise, or similar development approaches.
- Innovation experience, preferably within a technology, insurance or financial services company, including new product development, product management, and new product launch.
- Experience working within an innovation group for a larger company, innovation consulting company or innovative product company.
- Experience with primary consumer research, time 'in the field', market research, and translation of insights uncovered into ideas, concepts, and products.
- Experience with PowerPoint and presentation creation; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to think strategically about customer needs, market dynamics and business impact.
- Strong sense of urgency with a focus on testing fast, learning fast and fail fast.
- Ability to act as a change agent and align teams on new ideas and ways of working.
- Facilitate collaboration with product managers, designers, researchers, technologists, and business/finance leads to the best outcome
- Enthusiastically champions the work of the team even when pivoting is needed, understanding that failure is part of the innovation process. Institutionalizes learning from productive failures
- Utilizes and encourages a startup or entrepreneurial mind set
- Collaborates seamlessly and successfully throughout the organization with support areas such marketing, sales, public relations, legal and compliance, as well as other groups
- Leads and facilitates the user-driven innovation process (aka 'design thinking') with cross functional team members
- Translates consumer and end-user needs into products, services, experiences, and businesses that solves needs and creates value
- Supports and participates in rapid prototyping of ideas and solutions directly with consumers and customers, and iterates aggressively to arrive at solutions that exceed customer expectations and creates new value and points of differentiation.
- Understands and represents the voice of the user ('the who'), clearly defines the right problems to solve ('the what') and ensures the right end-to-end solutions to solve them ('the how')
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE