Tower Hill Insurance Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented Project Manager who enjoys intellectual challenge and seeks a rewarding career with a company that is experiencing growth. Not only is Tower Hill Insurance one of Florida's most trusted names in homeowners insurance, but it offers great opportunities for career advancement and personal growth, along with very competitive benefits and rewards. We are growing at a consistent pace and seek professional individuals with drive, team mentality, who want to make an impact, and are committed to a long-term career in the insurance industry.
As a Project Manager, you will coordinate and facilitate software application development projects and changes, with the emphasis being ensuring that what is delivered to the business is consistent with the organization’s policies, goals and requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage assigned project and work efforts according to defined SDLC framework.
- Work with business stakeholders, product owners, and technical resources to scope, review, plan, and prioritize software application development projects and changes.
- Coordinate estimation efforts with technical resources to effectively size work efforts.
- Coordinate and utilize resources to optimal efficiency.
- Risk management – identify possible risks and plans for mitigation of those risks; anticipate problems/issues before they arise and determine appropriate action or escalation plan as needed.
- Facilitate change management and impact analysis.
- Coordinate and assist in issue resolution and root cause analysis activities.
- Encourage and lead in team building and motivation practices.
- Act as a liaison between the technical and business community.
- Manage and facilitate documentation of projects and work efforts.
- Manage and facilitate communication activities for status reporting, project and work efforts, risk mitigation plans and metrics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in a relevant discipline; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred; 3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in Project Management or IT related field can replace 2 years of work experience.
Excellent organizational skills and project tracking abilities.
Strong focus and attention to detail.
Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment, yet able to maintain high quality standards.
Project/task prioritization and schedule development using Microsoft Project
Strong analytical skills.
Basic understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse concepts.
1 years’ experience with Microsoft Office (Excel experience weighted higher).
TOWER HILL’S TOTAL COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDES:
Competitive starting salary
Annual merit reviews and bonus potential
Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts
Matching 401(k) Plan
Paid PTO and holidays
Business casual dress, and more
For more information about our company, careers and Total Compensation, visit www.thig.com/careers
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.