Tower Hill Insurance Group is searching for an experienced Catastrophe Claims Manager to join our team in Gainesville, Florida.
Having been in insurance for the past 40 plus years we know that the claims process can be an incredibly stressful time. Fortunately for our insureds, we have taken our many years of experience and developed an amazing team of compassionate people who diligently work to help them to get their lives back on track. Our claims team has dedicated themselves to bringing the highest possible level of customer service to every claim, a quality that has always set us apart for our insureds, and always will.
As we continue to grow and expand, the number of families that place their trust in us will only grow larger with us. This presents us with a question: how can we ensure that we continue to provide the same exceptional service as we continue to grow? That’s where you come in.
The Catastrophe Claims Manager will oversee, supervise and coordinate the activities of assigned staff, vendors, service providers and other resources that are essential to manage before, during and after a catastrophic event. The individual will be responsible for assisting with the Claims Department in managing the investigating, negotiating and settling complex Catastrophe property claims.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains and updates the Catastrophe Management Plan.
- Preliminarily selects, vets and recommends Catastrophe related staff, temporary staff, vendors, services, and other resources as needed.
- Manages the Catastrophe RFP process and vendor contract agreements.
- Manage the Catastrophe work flow and explore methods of utilizing technology to increase efficiency and improve customer service.
- Provides Catastrophe response report updates to Senior Leadership on a defined schedule.
- Completes an annual review on Catastrophe vendor performance to increase productivity and meet customer service levels.
- Responsible for maintaining existing Catastrophe vendor relationships and identifying new vendor talent.
- Responsible to provide overall management of a catastrophic event.
- Monitors service and production results vs. goals during an event.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and offers action plans to resolve issues related to the Catastrophe function or as assigned.
- Manages staff, management and vendor development coordinating needs with Training or conducts training as needed related to the Company’s Catastrophe response plan or as directed.
- Directly manages claim files with a specified level of exposure or as directed.
- Insures that staff and vendors adhere to our Quality Control and Quality Assurance goals.
- Responsible for performance of staff, temporary staff, vendors, service providers and other resources and ensures that company objectives are met.
- Studies and standardizes guidelines to improve efficiency of staff, temporary staff, vendors, service providers and other resources.
- Assigns duties and examines work for quality and conformance to guidelines.
- Maintains harmony among staff, temporary staff, vendors, service providers and other resources and resolves grievances.
- Communicates effectively with their staff, temporary staff, vendors, service providers, other resources and others.
- Works with staff to develop career path and goals.
- Responds to customer, agency, and regulatory issues.
- Operates in accordance with applicable State Statutes as well as all other relevant laws, rules, etc.
- College degree (four-year college/university preferred) or equivalent professional education and experience combined; 8-10 years related adjusting experience, field adjusting and Catastrophe field adjusting and management experience preferred; and successful completion of the initial claims training program, and/or optional successful completion of a company sponsored insurance designation. Five or more years supervisory or management experience in claims.
- 10 years of commercial and personal lines property field experience.
- 5 years of Catastrophe claims experience.
- Proven record of effective Catastrophe Management experience with either a carrier and/or an independent catastrophe adjusting company.
- Knowledge of insurance policies, theories, and practices.
- Former leadership or management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Symbility and/or Xactimate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze staffing and resource needs.
- Knowledge of Process Improvement &/or Six Sigma methodologies.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Strong investigative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to multitask and plan ahead in an organized fashion.
- Ability to forecast obstacles and adjust plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively manage team members.
- Availability to back up the AVP of claims and other roles as assigned.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends during an event.
At Tower Hill we value hard work, innovation, and superior customer service above all else and we know that it is our job to reward that hard work. When you join our team you can expect:
- A competitive starting salary with annual merit reviews and possible increases and bonus opportunities.
- A company matched 401(k) plan.
- PTO and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Disability insurance, as well as Health Savings Accounts.
- Business casual dress.
For more information about our company, careers and Total Compensation, visit www.thig.com/careers
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.