General Liability Claim Examiner
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE:
This is a mid-level examiner position in our liability claims department. This individual would be responsible for reviewing, processing, investigating, evaluating, negotiating and the settling of assigned property damage or bodily injury claims with the authority level generally up to $50,000.00. This position requires an understanding and knowledge of litigation management in multiple jurisdictions.
- Complete coverage analysis
- Conduct the necessary investigation, either by phone, or through independent adjusters, to determine coverage, liability and damages.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and settle assigned property damage or minor bodily injury claims within authority granted, or seek authority for those claims in excess of authority.
- Obtain all required adjuster licenses within 180 days
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Understanding of the claims process
- Strong negotiation skills
- Some travel may be required
You will need:
- customer service skills;
- negotiation and decision-making skills;
- communication skills and a confident disposition when dealing with people;
- organizational and time management skills;
- the ability to think strategically;
- initiative and the ability to adapt quickly to different situations;
- interpersonal skills;
- attention to detail and sound report-writing skills.
Apply for General Liability Claim Examiner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly