Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Branch Clerk. The position requires the person to:
- Type forms, reports and memos using Microsoft Word as directed.
- Must type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Operate standard office equipment like fax machines and photocopiers.
- Pick up, sort, and deliver internal department mail.
- Answer telephone calls and transfer them to proper personnel as needed.
- Maintain files and reports.
- Assist with other duties within the department or elsewhere upon request.
Desired Skills & Experience
- High school education or its equivalent is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook is preferred
- Above average communication skills (written and verbal)
Competitive salary, matching 401(k) retirement plans, fully-funded pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company comprised of five subsidiary property and casualty companies and one Life Company. We were formed in 1916; we operate in twenty-six states and are proud to be ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002, with written premium of over $5 billion. Our corporate headquarters is located in Lansing, Michigan. Auto-Owners Insurance offers a wide range of career opportunities and welcomes candidates from all majors. We offer a friendly work environment, in-depth training, employee mentoring, and an excellent compensation/benefits package. To learn more about career opportunities available please visit our website at www.auto-owners.com.