Health Benefits Proposal Coordinator (Employee Benefits Marketing Specialist)
We are W3, an independent insurance agency founded in 1925. We have a rich history of providing quality service and unwavering commitment to our clients and community. Our agency represents an extensive list of "A rated" insurance companies to provide the best coverage, at the most affordable rates available. We have insurance products to fit the specific needs of both businesses and individual, offering commercial, homeowners, auto, boat and life insurance.
The successful candidate will facilitate the successful placement of new and renewal accounts with the appropriate markets to meet the needs of our prospects and client by performing the following duties:
- Work collaboratively and cooperatively with others, with a commitment to a workplace of dignity and respect, in compliance with equal employment opportunity standards and regulations.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from supervisors and managers, in compliance with the Agency's policies and procedures.
- Manage marketing process and follow-up on RFP(s) to make certain they are given appropriate priority and are returned on a timely basis to maintain Division pre-established renewal timelines.
- Prepare thorough proposals that include all appropriate disclaimers, marketing materials, and coverage options.
- Accurately compare various carrier quotes on excel spreadsheets and provide complete analysis of their quotes. Work with producer, AE and CSM to determine which carrier(s) to propose.
- Gather necessary data with the assistance of the Producer, Account Executive, or Client Service Manager to prepare the RFP.
- Prepare complete RFP and submit to carrier(s).
- Stay knowledgeable and up to date with carrier on-line rating systems or rating software and perform rating as needed.
- Maintain all underwriting, marketing, applications, and other information for documentation purposes.
- Review carrier quotes for accuracy and completeness.
- Work closely with fellow associates to carry out joint responsibilities.
- Work with CSM to transition sold accounts.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the insurance marketplace for all benefits and ancillary products. Maintain an up to date library to retrieve carrier product information, supplies, and contact directories.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with company representatives.
- Actively pursue referral opportunities to other departments.
- Maintain electronic and or paper files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Become familiar with and follow Agency guidelines, policies and procedures.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, based on Agency needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent fluency with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent verbal communication skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies and qualifications:
- Superior customer service skills
- Open to diversity
- Supportive of organizational efforts and policies
- Mindful judgment
- Show initiative
- Organizational & time management skills
- Team Player
- Professional demeanor
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates in a professional office environment. The overall noise level in the work environment ranges from low to moderate.
REPORTS TO: Employment Benefits Manager
POSITION TYPE: Non-Exempt
OTHER: The candidate offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen. W3 does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
GREAT REASONS TO WORK AT WALLACE WELCH & WILLINGHAM:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, life & disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid Continuing Education
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Proud to be a EOE/DFWP/SFWP
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.