Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
The primary function of this position is to own the strategic vision, business architecture and roadmap for an enterprise-wide digital capability portfolio.
This position will partner closely with leaders in all business areas across the enterprise, along with Technology Architecture, to:
(a) Develop digital capability vision, strategies, blueprints, roadmaps;
(b) Guide experience design; and
(c) Provide oversight to govern delivery execution and maximize enterprise value realization for digital capability investments, in alignment with strategy.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Thought Leader: Serve as a digital capability thought leader to facilitate identification, evaluation and awareness of digital trends and capability innovation opportunities
- Package & share relevant digital thought leadership
- Gather/synthesize business partner & operations insights across the enterprise
- Identify, evaluate and promote digital innovation opportunities
Strategic Planner: Responsible for definition, adoption and governance of digital capability strategy, including: assessments, vision, business architecture, and roadmap
- Review & assess Travelers vs. competitive digital landscape
- Facilitate definition, adoption and governance of enterprise digital capability vision, guiding principles, business architecture, and roadmap
- Identify business process, operations & technology dependencies/impacts
- Guide technology fit assessment/vendor selection (as needed)
Value Champion: Promote enterprise value realization for digital capability investments
- Develop & socialize enterprise value proposition for proposed digital investments
- Align & govern digital capability design & benefits realization across the enterprise
- Identify/evaluate digital capability & experience optimization opportunities
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required. 7 years of demonstrated business experience, with thorough knowledge of business analysis, process improvement, business transformation, and/or business strategy development within complex organizations and business environments. Thorough knowledge of business architecture tools and concepts.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- 8+ years experience structuring/implementing/governing strategic initiatives within a large corporate environment (e.g., strategic transformation, business architecture design, strategic governance)
- Experience defining strategic direction for digital/mobile capabilities, and/or leading a team of digital architects through large scale and/or enterprise-wide initiatives
- Insurance Industry experience
- Ability to assess & define strategic vision/capabilities/roadmap
- Ability to develop relationships inside the organization and across the industry to identify trends and strategies
- Solid operational knowledge of insurance, technology, strategy development, analytics
- Ability to actively lead cross-enterprise executive level collaboration
- Excellent oral, written and communications skills
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Able to develop digital solutions by applying accepted processes or creating new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information.
- Sees the big picture, and is fully aware of digital technology and business directions.
- Has department, corporate and group objectives in focus while identifying and removing barriers.
- Keeps apprised of industry & digital trends and applies this knowledge to business strategy.
- Effectively assesses the long-term and short-term implications of decisions on the department, corporation and group.
- Maintains partnerships across the organization, and is able to influence Senior Leadership through an inclusive style and credibility.
- Management understanding of staff roles and abilities, and provides input regarding their development needs.
- Demonstrates analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are often novel and not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory.
- The success of the team is above own interest.
- Manages cross-functional objectives and/or priorities supporting assigned business area(s).
- Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for decision making. Results reviewed periodically according to predefined objectives.
- Commitment to Quality Result - Provides direction and effectively leads by example to ensure that all capabilities are meeting the stated business objectives on a timely basis, with excellent quality, at a reasonable cost.
- Influences, communicates and collaborates.
- Effective at documentation and presentation.
- Demonstrates flexibility, anticipates customer needs, and effectively communicates in a manner consistent with the audience.
- Educates and influences customers on the most effective use of digital technology, from both a short-term and long-term perspective.
- Supports all planning and budgeting/estimating done on a project level and is supportive of the business strategic plans.
- Responsible for important and confidential information.
Travel - Occasionally
Operates standard office equipment - Continuously Sitting (Can stand at will) - Continuously Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - Continuously
Licensing or Certificates
None required. Certified Business Architect is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE