Collections Specialist - Accounting
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Ascendant Underwriters (Ascendant) is a Florida based licensed MGA specializing in the placement of commercial lines insurance products and program management services with an emphasis on the Hispanic Market. Ascendant’s core operating philosophy focuses on facilitating insurance agents’ business transactions with an emphasis on providing excellence and professionalism in servicing the needs of agents. Ascendant executes its business strategy through state of the art software and technology that maximizes operating efficiency.
Ascendant is dedicated to establishing and nurturing long-term relationships with our agent business partners, which differentiates us from other MGA’s. Ascendant focuses on providing training, monitoring performance/ loss ratios and providing incentives for the production growth.
Ascendant is looking for the next generation of industry professionals. If you’re looking for a company that offers stability, great benefits and compensation, with a strong emphasis on values and integrity, then apply today to find out how you can become a dynamic part of The Ascendant’s Team!
Primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to maintaining and achieving collection goals set by management. Locating and notifying customers of delinquent accounts via e-mail, telephone or regular mail to solicit payment. Maintaining updated records information regarding the financial status of customers and status of collection efforts. Preparing and maintaining collections report status of accounts.
Ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a Collections/Accounts Receivable capacity.
- Insurance Industry Experience (Agency, Broker or Carrier) or Law firm handling Collections is a plus!
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Math and typing skills.
- Bilingual, English /Spanish (preferred but not required).
- Excellent organizational, communication and telephone skills.
- Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously.
Ascendant offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance: Health Insurance currently available through Neighborhood Health Plan. Shared contribution between employer and employee. Schedule of healthcare benefits and rates attached.
- Gap Insurance: Gap Insurance currently available through Trans America. Shared contribution between employer and employee. Schedule of healthcare benefits and rates attached.
- Short Term Disability: STD is currently available through Guardian Life Insurance Company. Shared contribution between employer and employee. Schedule of benefits and rates attached.
- Dental Insurance: Dental Insurance currently available through Guardian Life Insurance Company. Fully paid by the employee. Schedule of rates and coverage attached.
- Supplemental Insurance: Which includes Life Insurance, Accident, Cancer, Vision, and Long Term Disability is currently available through Guardian Life Insurance Company. Fully paid by the employee.
- 401(K) Retirement Plan: Retirement plan available through ADP. Employee can contribute from a 1% to 90% of pre-tax salary to the plan each year. Plan also allows contributions on an after-tax basis through Roth 401(k) contributions.
- We offer a generous vacation and sick/personal day’s package.
This position is located at the corporate office in Coral Gables.
Keywords: Accounting - Accountant - Collections - Customer Service - AR - Accounts Receivable - Billing - Insurance - Legal - Compliance
Apply for Collections Specialist - Accounting
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly