Claims Auto Damage Appraiser
Ascendant Claims Services LLC, (an affiliate of Ascendant Commercial Insurance Inc.), is a third party claims administrator committed to providing best in class claims adjudication solutions. Excellence and professionalism in serving the needs of our agents and insureds is Ascendant’s core operating philosophy.
Ascendant is looking for the next generation of industry professionals! If you’re looking for a company that offers stability, great benefits and compensation; with a strong emphasis on values, integrity, employee relations, and customer service then apply today to find out how you can become a dynamic part of the Ascendant team!
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to examining damaged vehicles to determine extent of structural, body, mechanical, or interior damage. Estimate cost of labor and parts to repair or replace each damaged item. Review repair cost estimates with supervisor and determine feasibility of repair versus replacement of parts, such as bumpers, fenders, and doors.
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser is responsible for Evaluating practicality of repair as opposed to payment of vehicle market value before accident.
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser Determines salvage value on total on total vehicle loss.
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser Prepares insurance forms to indicate repair cost estimates and recommendations.
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser will Review estimates completed outside of Dade and Broward County by independent appraisers to ensure that the estimates of repair are in line with the damages and Ascendant’s estimate guidelines. If the estimate is not in line with our estimate guidelines, the appraiser will contact the independent appraiser and have them rewrite the estimate to Ascendant Claims Services’ standards.
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser will Review incoming subrogation demands for accuracy of estimates. If the estimate is overwritten in any way the appraiser will make contact with the subrogating carrier and secure an agreed repair amount or vehicle value amount, and document the file of such agreement and obtain confirmation in writing from the carrier.
- Claims Auto Damage Appraiser will Review all incoming subrogation over $2,000.00 and appraiser will have 30 days from the date of receipt to either approve the subrogation and/or secure an agreed price with the adverse carrier. Subrogation below $2,000.00 will be reviewed by the supervisor.
Our Appraiser should possess the following:
- Minimum 2+ year’s estimator experience.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
- Bilingual (preferred but not required).
Ascendant offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance: Health Insurance currently available through Neighborhood Health Plan. Shared contribution between employer and employee. Schedule of healthcare benefits and rates attached.
- Gap Insurance: Gap Insurance currently available through Trans America. Shared contribution between employer and employee. Schedule of healthcare benefits and rates attached.
- Short Term Disability: STD is currently available through Guardian Life Insurance Company. Shared contribution between employer and employee. Schedule of benefits and rates attached.
- Dental Insurance: Dental Insurance currently available through Guardian Life Insurance Company. Fully paid by the employee. Schedule of rates and coverage attached.
- Supplemental Insurance: Which includes Life Insurance, Accident, Cancer, Vision, and Long Term Disability is currently available through Guardian Life Insurance Company. Fully paid by the employee.
- 401(K) Retirement Plan: Retirement plan available through ADP. Employee can contribute from a 1% to 90% of pre-tax salary to the plan each year. Plan also allows contributions on an after-tax basis through Roth 401(k) contributions.
- We offer a generous vacation and sick/personal days package.
This position is located out of the corporate headquarters in Coral Gables.
Keywords: Claims - Appraiser - Claims Appraiser - Auto Damage - Automotive - Vehicle - Property - Estimator - Estimating - Loss - Total Loss