Claims Appraiser - Auto/Physical Damage Corporate Store
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
PDA has an immediate opening for an Auto Damage Appraiser in Baltimore, MD. This position supports our Desk Review Teams and assists our auto physical damage field operations across the organization.
To serve our clients accurately and quickly, we equip our employees with the latest technology for office operations and customer service. We have our own PDA Xpress virtual estimating tool, integration services, and client portal, as well as top estimating systems, such as Mitchell Estimating, CCC ONE, Xactware, and Audatex.
In this role, you will appraise vehicles with precision and accuracy while maintaining superior quality service and high standards of performance.
- Appraise damaged vehicles and complete estimates and/or total-loss evaluations to comply with company and state regulations.
- Provide expert knowledge to customers regarding the estimate and/or total-loss process.
- Negotiate repair estimates with vendors.
- Complete re-inspections and/or supplements as required by Company guidelines.
- Maintain accurate documentation of the repair process.
- Deliver a positive customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective customers.
- Adhere to Company accuracy and efficiency goals.
- Required participation with companywide CAT losses.
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills, strong computer skills, and ability to work with multi-faceted systems
- 3+ years experience in writing auto damage appraisals
- Ability to demonstrate an advanced level of auto appraisal technical skills
- Expertise in estimating systems and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Auto insurance claims experience is preferred
- I-Car training and ASE Certification preferred
- Auto body shop experience is a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages, and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes the following:
- Company Car
- Corporate AMEX
- 401K, Paid Vacation and Holidays. EOE
- Medical Insurance (employee and dependents)
- Dental Insurance (employee and dependents)
- Vision (employee and dependents)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Plan
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life/ADD
- Voluntary Dependent Life
- Education Reimbursement
- Sick Time
- Vacation Time
- Paid Holidays
- HSA Contribution
- Travel Assistance
- Bonus Potential
- Salary: Competitive
- Travel: Yes, 10% of the Time
About Property Damage Appraisers, Inc.
Count on us to exceed a higher standard:
Property Damage Appraisers (PDA) leads the industry in accuracy and responsiveness. Founded in 1963, our team serves more than 2,500 clients and completes more than 450,000 estimates and inspections annually. PDA has more than 250 offices and 650 appraisers who work quickly and efficiently to serve clients all over the United States.
Apply for Claims Appraiser - Auto/Physical Damage Corporate Store
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly